Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Service in Toronto Canada

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sensationlive

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 5:29 pm    Post subject: Kronos Service in Toronto Canada Reply with quote

Hi. I've had a my Kronos LS sitting on a tech's bench for a month and it hasn't been looked at yet. Called today and tech advised that 'they are hoping to get to it this week' Issue is keybed is not set right and there are sticky keys in a particular octave range. Unit is under warranty so I'm ok in that sense and have a backup but to have a brand new unit in a service shop waiting to get looked at, let alone fixed is crazy I would think. My biggest concern is it's not in the case since i needed the case for the backup unit.

Any recos on where I could bring it in the Greater Toronto area for this particular issue. It's a warranty repair but I'm not happy with the wait times at this service depot.

These are locations available for warranty repair. If anyone has had a positive experience and reasonable turnaround times please let me know. Thanks

Anodyne Audio Service
4 Coulthard Blvd
Cambridge ON N1T 2E7
(519) 239-8880

Amplifier Plus
124 Ottawa St.
Kitchener ON N2G 3S9
(519) 744-7554

Doctronics Canada
7351 Oak Ridge Dr RR#2
Bewdley ON K0L 1E0
(905) 342-2868

X-Repair & Electronics Inc
4-2880 Queen St East Suite 193
Brampton ON L6S 6E8
(416) 220-2495

Ringworld Musical
68 Shudell Ave.
Toronto ON M4J 1C7
(416) 469-2966
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos Service in Toronto Canada Reply with quote

sensationlive wrote:
Hi. I've had a my Kronos LS sitting on a tech's bench for a month and it hasn't been looked at yet. Called today and tech advised that 'they are hoping to get to it this week' Issue is keybed is not set right and there are sticky keys in a particular octave range. Unit is under warranty so I'm ok in that sense and have a backup but to have a brand new unit in a service shop waiting to get looked at, let alone fixed is crazy I would think. My biggest concern is it's not in the case since i needed the case for the backup unit.

Any recos on where I could bring it in the Greater Toronto area for this particular issue. It's a warranty repair but I'm not happy with the wait times at this service depot.

These are locations available for warranty repair. If anyone has had a positive experience and reasonable turnaround times please let me know. Thanks

Anodyne Audio Service
4 Coulthard Blvd
Cambridge ON N1T 2E7
(519) 239-8880

Amplifier Plus
124 Ottawa St.
Kitchener ON N2G 3S9
(519) 744-7554

Doctronics Canada
7351 Oak Ridge Dr RR#2
Bewdley ON K0L 1E0
(905) 342-2868

X-Repair & Electronics Inc
4-2880 Queen St East Suite 193
Brampton ON L6S 6E8
(416) 220-2495

Ringworld Musical
68 Shudell Ave.
Toronto ON M4J 1C7
(416) 469-2966

I can't tell if your K repair is 100% labor or
50% new parts + 50% labor.

Having that plus if its parts, what part[s] ?

Details
sensationlive

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks GregC. Honestly couldn't tell you as I was waiting for a tech to open it and give me an idea. I think it's just not seated properly after putting in my hard drive so assuming/hoping it's just labour. I actually called around and have now given it to someone else who told me he'd be able to look at it in a day or two. Hopefully this gets resolved, or at very least diagnosed real soon.

For a little detail on the issue, when re-assembling the unit keys sounded a little noisy in a specific range (C2-C3'ish) was a little annoying but it was fine. Next gig keys were actually down when i opened the case but eventually started working after the board started heating up. (It was in my truck for about an hour in the cold before I could bring it into the gig)
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensationlive wrote:
Thanks GregC. Honestly couldn't tell you as I was waiting for a tech to open it and give me an idea. I think it's just not seated properly after putting in my hard drive so assuming/hoping it's just labour. I actually called around and have now given it to someone else who told me he'd be able to look at it in a day or two. Hopefully this gets resolved, or at very least diagnosed real soon.

For a little detail on the issue, when re-assembling the unit keys sounded a little noisy in a specific range (C2-C3'ish) was a little annoying but it was fine. Next gig keys were actually down when i opened the case but eventually started working after the board started heating up. (It was in my truck for about an hour in the cold before I could bring it into the gig)

While diagnosis is important, the LS is a new model keyboard.
And you might clarify about who/why did the hard drive(its an SSD).

What you are saying, suggests your LS is factory defective. If so, and your purchase is recent ( last 60-90 days), I would be on the phone to the retailer
saying " This is defective. Exchange it for new board pronto "

?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: