Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Confused Radias Owner "again"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pippy

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject: Confused Radias Owner "again" Reply with quote

Is there anyone out there that can tell me or even better show me a picture of a Korg Radias power supply, been told by korg it should be a 9v-4200mA part no kA169...this is driving me crazy as I can't find any such power supply anywhere. My power supply is a "non original" 9v 2000mA, which doesn't power up the Radias properly, again people have told me the 2000mA should work..so is there a problem with the supply or the Radias itself. Help Help Help
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an image of an original type power supply with switch.

http://www.silvercream.de/ebay/korgradias/7.jpg

In a previous posting you mentioned the "non standard" power supply you had was 9v 3000mA. In this posting, it's 9V 2000mA. That's a little confusing.

The issue could be with the internal power supply circuitry within the Radias, that converts the 9V AC to +12 and -12V DC, and also 3.3V and 5V, or additional supplies derived from these. It could also be due to a fault in any one of a number parts of the Radias' internals.

Is the Radias connected to a Radias keyboard via the "TO KYBD" connector? If so, try powering up with the keyboard disconnected.
Pippy

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes sorry, the power supply I have is a 9v- 3000mA replacement, but Korg have told me it should be a 9v- 4200mA as the 3000mA isn't powerful enough. I'll check that ebay picture
Pippy

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really strange that picture of the adapter does say 3000mA, so why are korg telling me it it should be 4200mA...this is really confusing, and probably confusing other people Lol. So maybe I have a dodgy adapter, or worse a broken Radias..
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm that the KA169 power supply is rated at 9V 3000mA AC.

Have you tried powering up the Radias with keyboard disconnected?
Pippy

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I've tried without the keyboard, why I'm getting confused is because korg actually sent me an email with the part no which is kA169 9v-4200mA, I've searched everywhere and I can't find that adapter..so I'm guessing they could be wrong. I've found a guy on eBay who has a original korg adapter and it's a Ka169 9v-3000mA so for £30 I might just buy it, as I said I was going on what Korg sent me in the email. I appreciate your help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: