Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Kronos Format and Install using iso Downloaded

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunilmanoharbharadwaz

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject: Korg Kronos Format and Install using iso Downloaded Reply with quote

Hello,

I bought a used Korg Kronos. I want to format and full install my keyboard. As do not have the Bundled DVDs, i downloaded the ISO from the Korg website. There are two DVDs. I am trying to mount them on the USB drive and use it with Kronos to install. I tried several different ways, like making the USB drive bootable, with different formats like FAT32, NTFS. and also tried to copy the files to USB simply.
None of the procedures worked. When I am connecting the usb and turning on the Kronos, its not returning to the boot menu, instead its just starting up normally.

Please help!!
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Kronos Format and Install using iso Downloaded Reply with quote

sunilmanoharbharadwaz wrote:
Hello,

I bought a used Korg Kronos. I want to format and full install my keyboard. As do not have the Bundled DVDs, i downloaded the ISO from the Korg website. There are two DVDs. I am trying to mount them on the USB drive and use it with Kronos to install. I tried several different ways, like making the USB drive bootable, with different formats like FAT32, NTFS. and also tried to copy the files to USB simply.
None of the procedures worked. When I am connecting the usb and turning on the Kronos, its not returning to the boot menu, instead its just starting up normally.

Please help!!

to be clear- are you trying to boot off a USB thumb drive ? 99% sure that will not work

You need to use a DVD drive with USB. If memory is correct , Kronos is fussy about DVD drives.

Simply google your challenge and you should find a few dozen topics related to yours

secondly, I am not clear why you need to do this. If you are trying to wipe user files, I think opening the factory PCG and saving it will do that.
qqquartzzz

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried using the two DVD's off the Korg website as well. But I found out the hard way that I had a Kronos 2 motherboard installed in the body of a Kronos 1. So, with that being said, the 2-DVD set off the website wouldn't install. Luckily, a kind Korg Forum-er uploaded the 3-DVD set for the Kronos 2 that I was able to download.
And yes, you need to burn them to a DVD and use a portable DVD player to load them up. I tried using a USB stick masked as a DVD and it wouldn't take.
After all was said and done; success!
I guess what I'm trying to say is; Kronos 1-the two DVD set should work. Kronos-2; better get the three DVD set. Just saying...
But if you can live without the formatting of the drive, just reload the Factory.pcg. Formatting seems to lead to painful repercussions.
Well, that was my experience anyways. I'm no expert by any means.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: