Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VCO and multi off, still piano sound

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pkunkasfkuck

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:42 am    Post subject: VCO and multi off, still piano sound Reply with quote

Several patches still play sounds with all Mixer knobs turned down. I'm unable to edit this electric piano sound. Where is this sound coming from and how can this be disabled?

For instance, Preset Patch 32 "Stella" still makes sounds when you turn both VCO's to zero and Multi to zero. How can this be disabled?

It seems to ruin the sound on a lot of patches.
Synthee

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its because that patch is a dual sound.
If you change the switch called "PANEL" to the "+" sign in the middle position, then the changes you do with the knobs affects both sounds, and then it gets quiet when you turn down all three mixer knobs to zero.
pkunkasfkuck

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, that is too bad because it's only on the Prologue 16! What designer forgot that or made that terrible decision.

I sure hope it's not the only way to turn it off. And I hope it's not through a VST I have to turn this off. Is there a shift control to get this to work?
pkunkasfkuck

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

found this, and it mostly works, except there is still noise being generated with keys, even with multi turned all the way down also

[i]TIMBRE section
For the prologue-8, TIMBRE
related parameters are
available in program edit
mode.
[/i]
Turning the Sub Timbre to off seems to almost get rid of it.
However, it's not straightforward. Turning off, a sound is still heard when keys are pressed, and when reso is up, it's even louder. And then switching the Sub Timbre back on, it doesn't change anything. This seems like a bug.
slug

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly not a bug to the model, as i dont get that. To test, load an initialised patch, turn the volume of all 3 oscillators to minimum and try again.
pkunkasfkuck

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject: VCO and multi off, still piano sound Reply with quote

[quote="slug"]Certainly not a bug to the model, as i dont get that. To test, load an initialised patch, turn the volume of all 3 oscillators to minimum and try again.[/quote]

Still an issue, try patch preset #5 Self Osc Lead. This still plays sound when I turn down volume on ALL 3 oscillators. This is the case with several patches.

Are you using the larger or smaller prologue? Maybe my unit is defective.

And when I go to menu to turn Timbre effects off it still plays. It's also a really flimsy digital sound.
Grokaknock

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Still an issue, try patch preset #5 Self Osc Lead. This still plays sound when I turn down volume on ALL 3 oscillators. This is the case with several patches.

Are you using the larger or smaller prologue? Maybe my unit is defective.

And when I go to menu to turn Timbre effects off it still plays. It's also a really flimsy digital sound.

That particular sound (preset) is using the Filter as an oscillator. That is what "Self Osc" means. When you turn up the resonance the filter will produce a tone, like an oscillator, by self oscillating. Turn the resonance down to about 50%-60% and it will stop making a tone.

I thought maybe you were missing the "Balance" control which is in a menu on the P8. I can't believe they didn't give the 8 a knob for this one because it can be confusing when you are editing a layered sound, even on the 16.

There are 2 synths in the Prologue...named "Main" and "Sub"
Each has 3 oscillators to make 6 in total. If you are editing a layered sound, which means it uses both the Main and Sub layers, the "Balance" control is your mixer between the 2 synths.

To become proficient at editing the Prologue you must understand the following 2 parameters.
From the manual:

Quote:
PANEL switch (prologue-16 only) [SUB, +, MAIN]

Sets the timbre to edit.
SUB: Edits the sub-timbre.
+ (MAIN+SUB): Edits both the main and sub-timbres.
MAIN: Edits the main timbre.
This is set in “Edit Timbre” (p.46) in PROGRAM EDIT mode on the prologue-8.
TIP Editing a timbre applies to the basic parameters on the front panel, as well as all detailed parameters in PROGRAM EDIT mode.

and

Quote:
MAIN/SUB BALANCE knob (prologue-16 only) [0...127]

Adjusts the volume balance between the main timbre and the sub-timbre.
64: The volume for the main timbre and the sub-timbre will be the same.
Turning the knob to the left will increase the volume of the main timbre, and turn-ing the knob to the right will increase the volume of the sub-timbre.
On the prologue-8, this is set in “Main/Sub Balance” (p.46) in PROGRAM EDIT mode.

HW: Model D (Original) <> Prologue 16 <> OB-6 <> Prophet REV 2 <> Minitaur <> Sub37 <> Slim Phatty <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Korg Triton Le <> Korg synths I have owned: Poly 800 - Poly 800 MKII - M1 - Z1 (miss this one)

SW: Nuendo and too many soft synths to mention.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Prologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: