Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help Vocal Harmony Pedal wont work...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dnj

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject: Help Vocal Harmony Pedal wont work... Reply with quote

Im using a Boss FS-5U pedal for Vocal harmony on the Pa1000...
but I cant get it to work right.....I tried calibrating it and changing the polarity switch in back too,....I have it assigned to vocal harmony in the controller settings also..

VH only works when I hold down the pedal when I release it goes off.......
or, am I doing something wrong here? do I need a FS-5L (lateching) or do I need a single tip or double tip jack?

what are you people using for a pedal to trigger vocal harmony on a
KORG PA 1000?

thanx Question
Dnj

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANYONE?.. Question
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably the wrong pedal type. I use a standard damper pedal in the Assignable on my Pa3x to turn vocal harmony on and it works fine.
I’d be inclined to get this rather than a guitar based pedal - at least its also a backup for your damper pedal. I use a Roland pedal that has a reverse polarity switch.
Dnj

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rueben yes on pa4x/pa3x it works fine .....but Not on the pa1000?...
.thats what puzzles me ..could this be a bug that needs attention in the next OS update?

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/452133/gonew/1/Korg_PA1000_-_huge_problem_-_p#UNREAD
Dnj

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drumroll please!!!!

Ladies & Gentleman I am proud to announce & report that the
BOSS FS-5L (latching) Pedal controls Vocal Harmony
ON & OFF on the Pa1000 perfectly as it should !!!
I am a happy Camper once again!..thanx for all the help & concern!! Smile
supermaestro_67

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject: Help Vocal Harmony Pedal wont work... Reply with quote

good day "please explain the settings for korg pa 1000 operation:BOSS FS-5L (latching) Pedal controls Vocal Harmony >on/off.
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Help Vocal Harmony Pedal wont work... Reply with quote

supermaestro_67 wrote:
good day "please explain the settings for korg pa 1000 operation:BOSS FS-5L (latching) Pedal controls Vocal Harmony >on/off.

From my memory...
Go to Global, Controllers, Foot Controllers and assign Vocal Harmony ON/OFF to the pedal.
Keymn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also use a midi pedal…set the channel on the pedal to the same channel 5 or the same channel set for the vocal processor midi. Prg change
“0” for off, Program change “1” for on. I set it up as a sequence for one of the midi pedal buttons, first press prg change “1” for on, second press prg chg “0” for off…
I am using Airturn bt500s-6 with midi flow app on iPad to do this…I use the iPad on my pa1000 anyway, so this becomes a convenient way to connect my Airturn Bluetooth pedal setup, completely wireless.
Btw, I thought there is no harmony “on off” setting in the assignable, just harmony amount Like using an expression pedal? I use the assignable knob to control harmony amount as needed then…midi pedal for on/off.
Need midi experience to setup…
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keymn wrote:
.. use a midi pedal ……

I don't think it makes sense if you open separate threads for each individual posting with the same topic.

In one of your next threads "Turn Harmony/Double on/off with MIDI on pa1000" you really do not turn-on/off harmony, but that is the function for the volume of the Harmony/Double block, that can be assigned to knobs / expression pedal.

There is no need to publish a controller (midi pedal, pocket midi etc) or to use program changes - simply use the assignable functions of Pa1000/700 as described in manual (Mic Harmony/Double Level) for knob or expression pedal.

If using a channel for harmonizer - maybe channel 5 - also commands from songs can be used for controls of harmonizer.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Keymn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
Keymn wrote:
.. use a midi pedal ……

I don't think it makes sense if you open separate threads for each individual posting with the same topic.

In one of your next threads "Turn Harmony/Double on/off with MIDI on pa1000" you really do not turn-on/off harmony, but that is the function for the volume of the Harmony/Double block, that can be assigned to knobs / expression pedal.

There is no need to publish a controller (midi pedal, pocket midi etc) or to use program changes - simply use the assignable functions of Pa1000/700 as described in manual (Mic Harmony/Double Level) for knob or expression pedal.

If using a channel for harmonizer - maybe channel 5 - also commands from songs can be used for controls of harmonizer.

There is no assignable to turn harmony on/off on pa1000. So I thought I would give the midi information…unlike PA3x/4x/5x has this listed as assignable….just thought this was cool find to add this additional midi message for those using a midi pedal…which I prefer…less wires…I just thought this was another idea to share…hoping this was enlighten some to try this and give results…
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: