Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg PA1000 - huge problem - please weigh in

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dnj

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:48 pm    Post subject: Korg PA1000 - huge problem - please weigh in Reply with quote

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/452133/gonew/1/Korg_PA1000_-_huge_problem_-_p#UNREAD
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inconvenient yes, hardly a Huge Problem.

The advice on the Synth forum was to be creative and use an expression pedal to control volume instead of an on/off switch.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
Inconvenient yes, hardly a Huge Problem.

The advice on the Synth forum was to be creative and use an expression pedal to control volume instead of an on/off switch.

What for one is a huge problem, is no problem for another one..
You can not decide how severe this problem is for Donny and others..

I for one make extensive use of the expression problem for playing organs, strings and acoustic instruments.... so if i would want to use the VH (which i don’t as i don’t sing) this would be a severe problem for me..

It is a very good thing, Donny adresses this problem here to, as inhere Korg will hear.. and i asume they domt read synthzone..
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject: Pa1000 VH on/off Pedal Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
.. Synth forum was to be creative and use an expression pedal to control volume instead of an on/off switch ....

Neither expression pedals nor footswitches are MIDI-controllers but only generate a connection or a separation between two points (short circuit or infinite resistance).

With expression pedals the electrical resistance changes continuously from infinite resistance to short circuit and thus corresponds to the state of open / close as with a footswitch.

So also an expression pedal maybe used for toggling between on / off just as a footswitch can be used for it.
In case of function "Mic Harmony/Double Level" volume of the Harmony/Double block is regulated continuously and therefore maybe with a footswitch can be used, to switch between two positions of maximum volume or silent of the Harmony/Double block.
PS: As often unfortunately also this headline "Korg PA1000 - huge problem - please weigh in" again is not suitable to be found in the many posts at some point efficient - better would use "Pa1000 - Harmony / Double on / off" or like in Synthzone: "Pa1000 VH on/off Pedal" for posting.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Dnj

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drumroll please!!!!

Ladies & Gentleman I am proud to announce & report that the
BOSS FS-5L (latching) Pedal controls Vocal Harmony
ON & OFF on the Pa1000 perfectly as it should !!!
I am a happy Camper once again!..thanx for all the help & concern!! Smile [/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: