Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Karma patterns for KRONOS .. Greek and Balkan style

View previous topic :: View next topic  
denistu007

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject: Karma patterns for KRONOS .. Greek and Balkan style Reply with quote

Hi there,

I was wondering if there is a good source of professionally made Karma patterns/sequences for KRONOS on the Internet.

The shop.korg.com is a fantastic site where I spent already tons of money Smile, but it mainly focuses on sounds alone.

I am looking for a similar source of high-quality of drum/percussion/bass patterns for my Kronos, especially those suitable for Greek and Balkan style of music.

Thank you!
D.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I develop Pro Greek Styles for more than 10 years in http://pastyles.com as complete resource packages for Korg Pa series
arrangers and when I tried to do something similar for Kronos scenes & Karma , I found that it doesn't deserve the effort ,
the results were very poor compared to an arranger and I never had a second thought about it , so you might examine the
case to get a Pa arranger for this purpose !
Also you may have a look at above website for WavesArt Kronos Ethnic (and Greek) sound resources Wink

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
denistu007

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Antony.

I do have a Korg PA3x with very good Greek & Balkan sets which I purchased a couple of years back, and I am very happy with it.

It's just that the sound quality of Kronos is so much better comparing to PA3x, and if I could add some quasi-arranger capabilities to it I would be able to bring a single keyboard on some "lighter" gigs. I agree with you, it wouldn't give me all of the arranger's functionalities but in some scenarios I really wouldn't need anything more, then 5-10 high-quality "grooves" controlled by chords in the left hand.

I came across a video on Youtube where Oriental-style Karma GEs were used on Korg M3 and imo it sounds pretty good so I was wondering if something similar can be found for Kronos. Here is one of those video but I am not sure the set can still be purchased as the website is not valid anymore:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNcP10fIIuM

Cheers,
Denis
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

denistu007 wrote:
It's just that the sound quality of Kronos is so much better comparing to PA3x
If your Greek set has the required resources for instance like Pa3X Platinum Edition 512Mb then you do not need Kronos at all ,
since it contains nothing by default for this genre of Music not to mention that DNC architecture of Pa4/3X is completely absent in
Kronos where HD1 interface is poor and close to Triton series features !
The only exception is some WavesArt "heavy duty" solo ethnic instruments of advanced articulations and multiple velocity
layers that require GBs of streaming feature of Kronos.

denistu007 wrote:
I came across a video on Youtube where Oriental-style Karma GEs were used on Korg M3 and imo it sounds
pretty good so I was wondering if something similar can be found for Kronos. Here is one of those video but I am not sure the
set can still be purchased as the website is not valid anymore:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNcP10fIIuM
I had done the exact same "style type" arrangment of video in Triton Extreme back to those days with 15 basic Greek rhythms / 4
channel instruments , just for practice , with almost the same sonic results in an old SET (that is discontinued) but I would never dare
to bring in circulation something similar for Kronos , since it's completely insufficient for my standards !
On the other hand , Basari Studios is a member of forum so you can contact with him and ask for more details about something similar.

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
denistu007

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Antony.
Much appreciated.

Denis
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: