Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Loading songs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisDuncan

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject: Loading songs Reply with quote

Hey, guys.

New Kronos owner so I'm still getting a feel for the wheel and doing a lot of RTFM.

In the manual it says the sequencer can hold up to 200 songs. On the same page, it says nothing in the sequencer is saved after power off, so you have to explicitly save to disk.

Here's what I can't seem to find in the manual. When I boot up, all songs are empty. I know I can go to disk and load them one song at a time but that's a lot of work if want to, say, load a set of 40 songs.

I feel like I'm missing a very fundamental concept here. If the song memory is wiped clean on startup, is there some sort of batch load method to load up a bunch of sequences, e.g. Song 000 through Song 039, or do you really have to load them from disk, one at a time?

Would appreciate it if someone could point me to the right section of the manual so I can read up on it.

Thanks!
Chris Duncan
Atlanta, GA, USA, Earth
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can load up a song, go to a different folder, load another one (with the APPEND option), until you have all the songs you like. Then you can save the whole group of them. SAVE SEQ. Next time your ready for them, you can load that SEQ file and all the songs you had saved in it will load up.

Note: the sequencer has a limited amount of memory - 400,000 MIDI events or 300,000 audio events. That may sound like a lot, but it's not. Just moving a controller, like your +Y pitch stick or aftertouch, will create 100s or 1000s of events in a short time.

If the songs are "busy, " meaning lots of notes and controller events, you may find you can only load 10 or 15 songs. I'm usually composing ambient score songs, so I generally use very few events and am able to load 40 or 50, or more songs.

So, you have 3 save choices for song saving:

SAVE ALL (I don't use this very much, because it creates a lot of files.)

SAVE SEQ (Saves your song data.)

SAVE PCG & SEQ (Definitely save the programs associated with your song. One day, you may load your songs and find that you don't have the right programs. Even after you save PCG & SEQ, you only need to load the SEQ file, as long as you don't save over your programs.
ChrisDuncan

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Mike.

That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks very much.

It wasn't clear to me from the manual that Save SEQ would save all loaded sequences (although it probably says exactly that and I didn't catch it). I was under the impression that it only save the current one. Assumptions get me every time.
Chris Duncan
Atlanta, GA, USA, Earth
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: