Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Minilogue Librarian failing to work with Monologue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
egedai

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject: Korg Minilogue Librarian failing to work with Monologue Reply with quote

Hello everyone. I've come here as a last resort because I've tried everything and couldn't find a way to get my Monologue to be recognised by Korg Minilogue Librarian.

Let me be clear: I've downloaded the Korg Midi-USB driver and it works in my DAW which is Ableton. I'm able to identify the Monologue driver there. But when it comes to Minilogue Librarian, it doesn't work!

I'm on a Macbook Pro that runs High Sierra. I just got my MBP and I've connected my Monologue to a PC that I had from earlier, no problem.

It's strange that I see my Monologue in the Midi Studio (Audio Midi Setup utility app in Apple computers) as online and active, and that I can get it to work with Ableton, but not the librarian.

And yes, I have the latest driver for Korg Midi-USB, I just downloaded and installed it today.

So this is what I get on the Minilogue Librarian:

First, it wasn't seeing Monologue at all. I've disconnected and connected Monologue a couple times, restarted it a couple times, restarted the Librarian a couple times as well and somehow it started appearing on the software when I selected to find my MIDI device manually in the preferences in Librarian. I of course selected the Monologue Midi In and Out for the in and out settings. I was hoping it'd work this time, but I now get another message

First it is: receiving all data from Minilogue

then it goes: Timeout, please check the midi port settings in the librarian...

In the manual for Librarian I think it writes don't connect Monologue via a USB hub. I was connecting it via a USB hub and now I'm connecting it directly via a USB C to USB adapted. Could this be about that? Is there any other Macbook Pro users that experience the problem? This is the latest Macbook Pro I'm using and it doesn't have regular USB connectors see, so I have to use a USB C to USB converter of some sort to connect my device.

It's honestly very sad to see such connection problems with the brand new Mac I got since Macs generally connects really fast to audio/midi devices.

Is there any way I can reach Korg officials for this or is there anyone who's had the same problem and somehow sorted it out?

Thank you.

Edit1: Forgot to add. When I choose find midi in's out's automatically, it doesn't recognize Monologue at all.

And secondly, yes the Midi rx messages are turned on on the Monologue.

Edit2: I found that connectivity is sometimes lost in betwwen the computer and the Monologue I'm using. When I reconnect it, the connection comes back online. I've been able to use it with Ableton for quiet a while without disconnection. This is just something I found out in the Midi Studio.

Also I checked if my USB MIDI cable was damaged but no, I checked with two different cables and the result is the same.

I've realized that my USB c to USB connector was actually a USB c to USB 3.0 adapter. Is that a problem? Do I really need a USB c to USB 2.0 adapter to get it to work in MBP? Messed up. Help?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the problem is that the wrong software is being used. The Korg Minilogue Librarian user manual makes no mention of the Monologue.

There is a completely separate Monologue Librarian that can be downloaded from Korg.

egedai

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
Maybe the problem is that the wrong software is being used. The Korg Minilogue Librarian user manual makes no mention of the Monologue.

There is a completely separate Monologue Librarian that can be downloaded from Korg.

Hello. That one is for Windows only I think.

When you click on the downloader for Mac on: http://www.korg.com/us/products/synthesizers/monologue/librarian_contents.php

you get directed to the Minilogue Librarian downloader site which is:
http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/software/0/544/3083/

for some reason. maybe the links got confused or smtn?
egedai

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:

Yes that was it!

Here is the downloader for the Mac Monologue Librarian: http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/software/0/733/3532/

Hey Korg! Get ur links right!!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent!
egedai

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
Excellent!

Thanks a bunch!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: