Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ladies & Gentlemen - behold! - WaveReX

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the_crimson_thunder

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject: Ladies & Gentlemen - behold! - WaveReX Reply with quote

http://www.waverex.de/de/

Very Happy
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There is no doubt about it: the M1 truly changed the world of synthesizers! With its completely new sounds which have never been heard before, it has changed not only a whole music scene, but probably shaped the entire decade of the 90s. With approximately 250k sold synthesizers, it marked a milestone in the music and synthesizer history. 30 years have passed since KORG has released its prototype 731 at NAMM in 1988. Shortly after this release, the M1 Music Workstation has been introduced. Thankfully and reverently we, the M1-Fans, would like to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

Wow, very cool! Cheer for the info.
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
SerErris

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

will this also be usable in a 01/w?

Cheers
Ser
the_crimson_thunder

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so - (from WaveReX site):

WaveReX is the only available extension for the M1, M1r, M3r & T-series
SerErris

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That does not specifically state it is not working in 01/W ... it is stating that there are no others for M1...

I try to find out with the vendor ...
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SerErris wrote:
That does not specifically state it is not working in 01/W ... it is stating that there are no others for M1...

I try to find out with the vendor ...

Do M1 roms work in 01/W's? I was under the impression the cards were different and the waves a higher resolution also, so not compatible, but I only own the M1.
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
SerErris

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This card is emulating a ROM card. So in theory it could emulate anything.

However the problem is, that the physical layer is completely different. Where M1 have a propriatary format, the 01/w simply uses PCMCIA (PCCard).

So potentially you could even put in a PCMCIA adapter to a CF card ... but the problem is that the 01/w would then need to speak ATA protocal ...

So I got in touch with the vendor and the result is:

This card does not and never will support 01/w.

There are also no plans for the 01/w .. he does not believe that there is enough market interest and share to finance this product.

I have to admit, I believe he is totally right. Seeing the amount of conversions going on here ... nope.

That is btw. the same reason why Korg will not release a software 01/w ... to much effort, no return on invest.
the_crimson_thunder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news:

WaveRex website wrote:
UPDATE September 2018:

WAVESTATION NOW SUPPORTED!

We’ve been busy with testing, testing and testing so it’s been quiet for a while. Now, we have great news for you. WaveReX also works without restriction in the Korg Wavestation!

Imagine the possibilities – add your own samples to the Wavestation and make your sound even bigger. OBX or Prophet Waves in your WS? JUST DO IT.

Very Happy
entonio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SerErris wrote:
Hi,

will this also be usable in a 01/w?

Cheers
Ser

I've asked Waverex on facebook and they've just replied that they're working on an AI2 prototype!! That may well mean 01/W. Let's keep interest alive!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: