Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The next Korg flagship workstation - wishlist
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hag01

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject: The next Korg flagship workstation - wishlist Reply with quote

Well, I think it is reasonable to assume that at some point, perhaps not in a long time, korg will introduce their next flagship workstation - a Kronos replacement.

What do you like to see in that future workstation?
I'll tell you what I want to see there:
I want better brass and woodwinds sounds.
Just give us the same brass\woodwinds sounds that in the PA series.
Technically there is no difficulties in doing that at all, Korg already has the technology and they can implement it in any of their keyboards if they will just like to do so. And considering that the brass\woodwinds sounds of the Kronos are really sucks balls, I think Korg is really spitting on the faces of their worksation customers if they will bluntly decide to keep us from their brass\woodwinds modelling technology.

I think they want to force us to buy a Korg workstatoin and a Korg arrenger, because only then you will have all their good sounds, but even if I had the money for that, this is not an option for me because of portabillity issues, and I don't need an arranger, all I need is one keyboard with all the best sounds.

I'll just leave here those two demoes of the Korg PA:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxUhuXeDLSI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxUhuXeDLSI
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decomposability.

I want to be able to buy parts that will combine to create the workstation that I need. Recording an opera? A hundred audio inputs. Playing a show? Five controllers for the performers. Complex sound design? Extra synthesis and sound mangling units.

And so on.

But good grief, can we please get a flagship with step recording, pianoroll and drawable automation? You did it with the Krome, KORG! I know it's possible! Stop hiding in there! We know you're in there!
hag01

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brass\woodwinds sounds is really the only weakness of the Kronos, everything else in the Kronos is great, therefore I don't care for any other improvement except from implementation of the same brass\woodwinds modelling engine that in the PA series.

And I really think it is not an exaggerated request at all, so please no sarcasm...
laandodeman

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joint venture with Neo-Ventilator so that the next flagship will have a good Leslie sim.

The current one sucks
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hag01 wrote:
Brass\woodwinds sounds is really the only weakness of the Kronos, everything else in the Kronos is great, therefore I don't care for any other improvement except from implementation of the same brass\woodwinds modelling engine that in the PA series.

And I really think it is not an exaggerated request at all, so please no sarcasm...

We should get beyond our immediate bubbles. And not look in the rear view mirror.

Almost all the traditional instruments types need improvement.

What doesn't might be easier ? I think the EP's are about 95% perfect.
I really like the drums but there needs to be more fills and rolls.

I have to pick on the pianos. Out of tune notes and missing velocity layers are not cool.

There is a bunch of work to do on all the acoustic instruments, stringed instruments, wind/reed instruments, orchestra ensembles . There is really a long ways to go

More variety. More and different FX

Blah blah etc etc . Kong knows all this stuff. They can easily see what needs to be done if they are serious about another all in 1 W/s
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please ! please ! please ! oh yeah ! : No more Berlin pianos in this future WS ! And no more demos played by musicians playing faster than the speed of light ! and least but not the last : no more so called "modern" sounds which are always old and dusty before even their birth Very Happy

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kronoSphere wrote:
please ! please ! please ! oh yeah ! : No more Berlin pianos in this future WS ! And no more demos played by musicians playing faster than the speed of light ! and least but not the last : no more so called "modern" sounds which are always old and dusty before even their birth Very Happy

LOL. Its great to be older.

I have a speed limit on my Kronos- no faster than 115 BPM for a song.

I wouldn't want to be at Korg trying to figure out whats popular today, and tomorrow. To over focus on that would be a mistake for a new $3500 w/s,
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kronoSphereplease wrote:
! please ! please ! oh yeah ! : No more Berlin pianos in this future WS ! And no more demos played by musicians playing faster than the speed of light ! and least but not the last : no more so called "modern" sounds which are always old and dusty before even their birth

+1000 Laughing Laughing

Love that!!!

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
ITguy54

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kronoSphere wrote:
And no more demos played by musicians playing faster than the speed of light !
Very Happy

Is this a request for features or how they demo their products?
ITguy54

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kronoSphere wrote:
and least but not the last : no more so called "modern" sounds which are always old and dusty before even their birth Very Happy

Actually it IS the LAST thing on your list.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITguy54 wrote:
kronoSphere wrote:
Very Happy

i think what our friend from France is getting at are the combis/programming.

Many owners rely on the combis, edit them, re-create them, etc, etc.

When the K first came out in 2011, many combis were electro and dance and some pop . Korg was playing to a young demographic I think.
I had little use for those combis. They were to deeply styled for any other use.

So the Korg product people tend to use that stuff for showing off the board.

Its not a deal breaker, IMO. Just a non preference.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some ideas for the new Korg Workstation :

- an hybrid one, with an analog section (just as the Roland JD-xa) and why not, with a wireable patch bay With 12db/24db multimode real analog filters.

- A bigger SSD, of course (1 or 2 To)

- A bigger, adjustable (as the Oasis) and HD display

- An improved MOD-7 engine, with 8 operators (as the Yamaha Montage) instead of 6 operators, and a better graphic display.

- Improved filter sections with : Steiner Parker filter and Ladder filter modelisations, Comb filter

- The possibility to easily add a second SSD without having to unscrew all the body. (just a little hatch on the backside, for example)

- Some more synth engines like : Wind instruments physical modelisation, Granular synthesis, Korg Monopoly EX and so on...!
ITguy54

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
ITguy54 wrote:
kronoSphere wrote:
Very Happy

i think what our friend from France is getting at are the combis/programming.

Many owners rely on the combis, edit them, re-create them, etc, etc.

When the K first came out in 2011, many combis were electro and dance and some pop . Korg was playing to a young demographic I think.
I had little use for those combis. They were to deeply styled for any other use.

So the Korg product people tend to use that stuff for showing off the board.

Its not a deal breaker, IMO. Just a non preference.

It seemed to me our French friend was unhappy with Jordan Rudess demoing Korg instruments.
ITguy54

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liviou2004 wrote:
Some ideas for the new Korg Workstation :

- an hybrid one, with an analog section (just as the Roland JD-xa) and why not, with a wireable patch bay With 12db/24db multimode real analog filters.

- A bigger SSD, of course (1 or 2 To)

- A bigger, adjustable (as the Oasis) and HD display

- An improved MOD-7 engine, with 8 operators (as the Yamaha Montage) instead of 6 operators, and a better graphic display.

- Improved filter sections with : Steiner Parker filter and Ladder filter modelisations, Comb filter

- The possibility to easily add a second SSD without having to unscrew all the body. (just a little hatch on the backside, for example)

- Some more synth engines like : Wind instruments physical modelisation, Granular synthesis, Korg Monopoly EX and so on...!

I figured it wouldn't be too long until someone brought up including real analog. If they REALLY want to do something special along that line, they should use vacuum tube oscillators.

Actually I think something like additive synthesis/resynthesis would be a great engine to add. And if they are going to put some of their softsynth recreations of earlier analog instruments in a new instrument, like they did with the Kronos, put them ALL in a new instrument. I think Korg could also beef up the piano engine to take on Dexibell.
hag01

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they won't add their good brass and woodwinds from the Korg PA-500 in their next workstation model, I simply won't buy it.

Another demo of Korg PA-500 awesome brass sound:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDYZOUvHsC4

Really, anything I heard in the brass and woodwinds section of the Kronos is hideous, including EXS3.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: