Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The next Korg flagship workstation - wishlist
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ITguy54

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hag01 wrote:
If they won't add their good brass and woodwinds from the Korg PA-500 in their next workstation model, I simply won't buy it.

Another demo of Korg PA-500 awesome brass sound:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDYZOUvHsC4

Really, anything I heard in the brass and woodwinds section of the Kronos is hideous, including EXS3.

The next flagship from a Korg should have all of their best tech in it.
hag01

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITguy54 wrote:
hag01 wrote:
If they won't add their good brass and woodwinds from the Korg PA-500 in their next workstation model, I simply won't buy it.

Really, anything I heard in the brass and woodwinds section of the Kronos is hideous, including EXS3.

I agree, but if I'm not mistaken(and please correct me if I'm wrong about it), the Korg Kronos doesn't has the best tech Korg had when the Kronos was released(2011).
Korg already had in 2011 and even before, much better brass and woodwinds tech, and they just implemented it on other Korg keyboards, but not in the Kronos.
They let us settle with their lousy exs3...

What reason do I have to believe they will change their ways in their next model?
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hag01 wrote:
ITguy54 wrote:
hag01 wrote:

I agree, but if I'm not mistaken(and please correct me if I'm wrong about it), the Korg Kronos doesn't has the best tech Korg had when the Kronos was released(2011).
Korg already had in 2011 and even before, much better brass and woodwinds tech, and they just implemented it on other Korg keyboards, but not in the Kronos.
They let us settle with their lousy exs3...

What reason do I have to believe they will change their ways in their next model?

I agree with you. History shows some curious short cuts on Kronos. And Korg does not make the internal components- they use 3rd parties, and have an assembled approach. The keybed , the RH3 is a Korg product, I believe.

I wouldn't hold my breath on your request or similar acoustic instrument requests. It seems thet solution is up to 3rd parties and even that is subject to hardware constraints.
ybobo64

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:40 pm    Post subject: Next Kronos update Reply with quote

What i’d expect for my next WS is a better motherboard that can hold more than 3gig of ram and a possibility to directly output to an external hd monitor. And i would also like to have more onboard lists. Lists are getting pretty fast loaded. We already have a good touch screen but it would be nice to get it back as the Oasys had. Tilting screen is easyer to read. And why not a little bigger and sensitive touch screen. Korg uses that same screen since the Oasys apeared in stores. They are able to make it a bit more up to date machine!
Kronos X73, Logic Pro 9, Komplete 9 Ultimate, Reason 8, Nanopad, Padkontrol, Leap motion with Geco App, Arturia v4 pack, IK multimedia Total Studio 3, iPad air 2, iMac i7, Roli Seaboard Rise, many plug-ins and iPad app.
andyc69uk

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A proper, decent drum machine module with XOXO programing and easy volume control over each sound seems to be a startling ommission from all previous Korg workstations. Quite unbelievable as they gave us the Electribe which is a great bit of kit!
andyc69uk

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should make it an open source audio workstation where users are encouraged to make their own virtual instruments (like Cubase VST's etc.).
The Kronos is great as it is although, as mentioned, lack of a dedicated drum machine or Akai MPC style module as a major gaff especially for creating 'modern' music. The way it organises files is a nightmare and programing audio tracks could be massively improved. Really, everything should be direct-to-disc. Anyway, give us an improved Kronos with the ability for the user to create their own VST's!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: