Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using kronos audio input for mp3 playback

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sensationlive

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject: Using kronos audio input for mp3 playback Reply with quote

I have an ipad full of backing tracks. Would like to plug ipad into kronos sampling input and regulate volume from there, all the while keeping my screen on setlist or program view. Doable and pretty simple? Apologies if this is already posted but my search results are displaying everything in the forum. Thanks
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Using kronos audio input for mp3 playback Reply with quote

sensationlive wrote:
I have an ipad full of backing tracks. Would like to plug ipad into kronos sampling input and regulate volume from there, all the while keeping my screen on setlist or program view. Doable and pretty simple? Apologies if this is already posted but my search results are displaying everything in the forum. Thanks

Google the forum

it sounds like you want your K to somehow play the audio tracks on your iPad.

My guess is u need some type of app on the iPad, sort of DAW like. Plus the iPad camera connection kit.

My experience with the K is that the audio/Wav files need to be on the SSD in order to used
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A mixer could be used to merge the audio outputs from the MP3 player and Kronos. Alternatively, enable the Kronos' audio inputs in the Global menus, and assign the outputs. The audio can be sent through the Kronos' effects. Best results will be gained by running the iPad output volume close to maximum and set the input sensitivity on mixer or Kronos to Line level. Remeber that the Kronos' audio inputs are mono, so for stereo playback, both inputs will need to be used i.e. one for L and one for R.

The forum search function is more useful if "Search for all terms" is enabled, and the Kronos forum is selected.

Also, look at the Global Audio Settings section, on page 190 of the user manual. The Parameter Guide expands the detail on this.

Hal2001

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use MP3 playback when I want to learn a new cover song and play along by ear. I plug the MP3 player output into an audio mixer going into my Kronos, use the mixer volume to regulate the volume so the player and my Kronos sound at similar volume level, and listen to the combination of Kronos playing and MP3 playing via headphones into the Kronos HP jack. I use the same mixer for occasional other equipment that I feed into my Kronos, such as rhythm box etc. I use my Kronos as the audio interface for the other devices that go into the mixer and into the Kronos and into my Logic Pro DAW. I'm amazed at how good the quality of the internal audio interface of the Kronos is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: