Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG PA-1000 problem
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
takis46

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject: KORG PA-1000 problem Reply with quote

Dear friends, for years I have been a Yamaha user, but recently decided to buy PA-1000, the new model from KORG. In fact I had to wait on queue for it... I have it now for 2 weeks and I am generally happy with its performance. However, today while playing vocal strings+ accomp, something went wrong and the arranger stuck, making a single tone while keys became unresponsive. The ON-OFF button still worked though, so I shut it down, unplugged from the UPS and restarted. Now everything works fine again, but I am scared that it might happen again... It would be VERY unpleasant to have it stuck on stage, making this high-pitch tone! Did anybody have this problem, should I contact KORG, or was it a random voice processor error?
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Τάκη , this is a rare in occurrence issue that can happen to all PaSeries , concerns system freeze and usually not related to voice processor.
Be sure that your UPS works properly , use UPS with ST-By battery technology and not self-tranfrormer voltage correction old devices that
that can easily produce Korg PSU voltage fluctuation that will lead to system freeze and always use the latest Pa1000 OS releases since
always a new model has various bugs that will be addressed.

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Antony says, this has very occasionally occurred on Pa models since Pa1x - it used to happen on my old i30 as well.

The quick cure for this is: Press SHIFT, and hold it down as you press the START/STOP button.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giner wrote:
The quick cure for this is: Press SHIFT, and hold it down as you press the START/STOP button.

Nope ... If CPU is frozen , Panic function (CPU interrupt code function) will not recover system until restarting PaSeries
equivalent to PC blue screen state of code loop and the indication is the looping buzzing sound.
Panic button is for medium errors between functions and menu.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
takis46

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kindly thank you for your response! I am relieved to hear that this is not some kind of fault that would involve warranty or repair. I think highly of my new KORG, the sound engine is superb, and I like the interface and general feeling of the keyboard as well. My UPS is indeed an APC CS-650 standby model which is silent, unlike on-line and line-interactive models that have a rather noisy fan. Anyway, I was bit scared, since having this problem on stage would be an absolute disaster... I just updated the OS to version 1.2 (was 1.0.something) and hope for the best!
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
Τάκη , this is a rare in occurrence issue that can happen to all PaSeries , concerns system freeze and usually not related to voice processor.
Be sure that your UPS works properly , use UPS with ST-By battery technology and not self-tranfrormer voltage correction old devices that
that can easily produce Korg PSU voltage fluctuation that will lead to system freeze and always use the latest Pa1000 OS releases since
always a new model has various bugs that will be addressed.

Hope this helps

Thanks, Antony. Yes, without actually hearing what takis' sound problem is, it's hard to say exactly what it is. I was just trying to go for the simplest remedy first. Cheers.
takis46

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:13 pm    Post subject: Last complain (hopefully) Reply with quote

I will finish my case with one -hopefully last- complain for Korg technicians, an issue to take in mind for next improvement. I find it VERY annoying that the line-out signal passes through the VOLUME knob. I use these mainly to record via a console, and was surprised to see that, in order to have an adequate sound level for recording, I have to keep the PA's volume past half! I often record at night, not to mention the need for micro-adjustments just because I touched the volume knob... Dear Korg people, line out should be stable and NOT affected by volume! Wink
ORGANGRINDER

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

headphones should solve your problem, or turn off speakers and just monitor your recorder.
MEL
takis46

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, obviously I cannot record without hearing what I 'm playing... Therefore I don't deactivate the speakers. Headphones indeed might help, but still in order to get a good recording volume the sound is very strong to the ears. I think this is very annoying, line-out should bypass the internal amplifier! I tried today to record mp3, but I get far better sound quality via my analog console (yamaha MG-10-XU USB), that is loaded with effects and 24-bit/192kHz A-to-D converter. My only problem is volume, more volume... Sad
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think i have seen any keyboard having outputs independent of the master volume of the instrument..That is what master volume is about..
You should turn off speakers and turn on monitoring from your sound card/mixer to hear as loud as you wish from your speakers/studio monitors...
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you not attenuate your volume input on the console that you are using to record? I would raise its line in levels there rather than the instrument levels themselves. By the way, what are you using to record?

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
takis46

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, I thank you all for your comments, I am new to the forum (its my first Korg) and I am amazed by your immediate interest to my problems. I 've been a Yamaha user for years and yes, Yamaha's line-out is totally independent from the volume knob! I am using a Yamaha MG10XU mixing console and record with Cubase (and/or Audacity) to a windows-based server. The PA-1000 is connected via unbalanced L-R cables to the console, the same applies to my Yamaha 740 keyboard. I have turned the console input to FULL, but still I get a very low signal from the Korg. In order to get an acceptable audio level, I have to turn the PA's volume knob to 3/4, a fact that totally messes up my mic vocals! As I mentioned before, my other keyboard gives a strong and stable audio-out signal, even with closed volume... I am very annoyed by this problem...
irpinia2000

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same issue with mine ,it happened the day that I toke it home ,long story short I contacted korg and they told me to returned to the music store for an exchange, so I did ,this was 2 months ago, and today the same thing happened to this one ,I'm fair up doing know what to do ,this is a big deal of happens while on a gig ,I had a PA.80 for over 15 years never had a problem with it, and now this here is just a one big head ache
takis46

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irpinia2000, to me it didn't happen again, at least so far... What I did was to upgrade to the latest OS (1.2). So far, so good... Smile . O course there are other minor glitches, i.e. it doesn't fill-in as I expected. As a matter of fact, fill-in was a big disappointment to me! I was blaming Yamaha for lousy fillings, but PA is also troublesome... What I hate is getting "half fills", I really hate it! Have it with the Yamaha PSR, have it -to a lesser degree, its true- with Korg. I press the fill button, and sometimes get "half" a fill, an ugly double stepping of the drums instead of a complete fill. Really hate it, it messes up my recordings...
irpinia2000

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Takis 46 yes it happened with the new one as well but I haven't updated just yet ,I did hear about bunch of bugs with the the new o/s but is the new update will cure my issue then I have to deal with the update bugs........you know I just can't understand...really .....i.mean can you imagine some like this happen on a gig ??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: