Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How To Utilize The Sounds Section In PA1000

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerry Iverson

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:20 pm    Post subject: How To Utilize The Sounds Section In PA1000 Reply with quote

Hello, got a simple question of which has been evading me for over 3 months of owning a PA1000. I can easily use the Library Set sounds by copying them into the styles or just selecting them and playing them either with or without accompaniment.

My question is about the sounds that looks like you can only access them by hitting the sound button. I would love to transfer some sounds into the Library performance set section for easier access but cannot seem to do that. I also cannot seem to pull the sounds section into a style to use in the style set library.

I have been reading the manual but guess I don't quite get it yet. All those sounds and not utilizing them well.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated!
romney_yw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry,

You're already using them! Sounds are the basic building blocks on which everything else depends.

So for example in Style Play, the four panels on the right of the screen are actually four sounds from the Sound Library. If you touch one of these panels to select it (displayed green on my PA700) and then touch it again, the Sound Library opens, from which you can choose any sound you want.

The four keyboard sets across the bottom of the screen, are each a group of four sounds chosen to be suitable for use with that style. Touch one of the keyboard sets on screen (or press the corresponding button below the screen) and the four sounds are copied to the four panels on the right, where you can again select different sounds from the library if you prefer.

Incidentally, notice that some of the four sounds may be muted by default, but if you touch the instrument picture, you can unmute (or indeed mute) the sounds as you require.

When you've chosen the sounds you like, you can save the style by writing it on top of its current entry or as a new style or just add the keyboard set to the library, by using commands in the page menu at top right corner.

Note that by default you cannot edit the factory styles etc., so some commands are greyed out. You can change this in Global, but I suggest you copy a factory style to one of the user locations, where you can edit away to your heart's content. If you decide you don't like what you've done, you can simply re-copy the original factory style setting and start over again.

This is based on my experience with my PA700, but I believe the PA1000 functions in a very similar way.

Look for "Customising the Keyboard Sets" and "Choosing Different Sounds" in the manual - it starts at page 140 in the PA700 manual if that's any help? If you need a more detailed pointer, I could download the PA1000 manual and give you some actual page numbers......

When you get to Song play mode, you'll find a similar screen layout with keyboard sets (& sounds) inherited from the underlying selected style. You can't play the style when you're in Song play, but you can use the chosen keyboard sets & sounds to play along with the Song if you're trying to work out the tune or the chords......

I hope this helps to get you started - good luck - have fun!

Romney Cool
romney_yw

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know about the Korg Video tutorials posted on YouTube?

You might find this one particularly useful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEA6rEaCsCA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: