Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adjust LCD brightness

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimmymio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:55 am    Post subject: Adjust LCD brightness Reply with quote

Just used the kronos for the first time at an outdoor show. never thought about this until I could not see a thing on the LCD screen. Any other KBs i have owned have had a knob on the back panel to adjust this. But the Kronos has this adjustment buried in their menus. Sucks BIG TIME. How are you supposed to find this adjustment if you can't see the screen to begin with. Even now that i know where to look, it'll be a real challenge to change the brightness if you can't see in the first place... DUH!
Xenophile

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even with the brightness on maximum, it is still hard to see in bright sunlight.
Kronos Remote application on a tablet helps. But I am having a problem with my iPad going to sleep during longer songs. When I wake it up, it wants a passcode, and then sometimes the Bluetooth doesn't want to reconnect unless I fiddle with it.

Does anyone know how to prevent an iPad from going to sleep when the Kronos Remote app is running?

Another issue I've had is that iPads don't like heat at all. If the iPad is in direct sunlight, it might overheat and shut down.
dfahrner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a sunshade for the screen that works pretty well...I could email you pix, send me a PM...

df
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenophile wrote:
Even with the brightness on maximum, it is still hard to see in bright sunlight.
Kronos Remote application on a tablet helps. But I am having a problem with my iPad going to sleep during longer songs. When I wake it up, it wants a passcode, and then sometimes the Bluetooth doesn't want to reconnect unless I fiddle with it.

Does anyone know how to prevent an iPad from going to sleep when the Kronos Remote app is running?

Another issue I've had is that iPads don't like heat at all. If the iPad is in direct sunlight, it might overheat and shut down.

google says:

'To prevent the screen from auto shutting off, you must turn off the iPhone/iPad's Auto-Lock feature (just remember to eventually turn it back on for your battery's sake). To turn off Auto-Lock, go to Settings > General > Auto-Lock and select Never'

But your iPad might heat up and shut down. This has happened to me several times where temps got above 85 degrees. The iPad was almost hot to touch, a bad thing.

If pushed hard, a battery accident might happen- this would be very bad. My advice is to not push the iPad.
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also made a sunscreen for my Kronos. I just used some cardboard and some duct tape. It's not pretty but it helps a bit. You are never going to get the full visual on a bright day. Think about how hard it is to see the screen on your cellphone in the sun.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wearing a very wide brim Sombrero works. As soon as you tip your head down to look at the screen, the brim shades out miles of sunshine.

I always wondered why the wide brim sombreros are a favorite among traditional Mexican musicians, almost like a strict dress code, but they would be lost in the desert sun without the wide brim sombrero. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: