Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

On the Run no longer runs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daddyg3042

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject: On the Run no longer runs Reply with quote

First post here. So glad this resource is available.

I bought the Kronos about 6 mos. ago or so, and put it to work immediately in the 3 projects I’m involved in, meaning arranging combi’s, tweaking programs, and setting up my setlists. I've always used "Save All" as I have many samples to load. Along the way I omitted saving drum kits, wave sequencing & User GE as none of my projects require these, I thought. An example of how knowing just a little can get you into trouble; now none of the preloaded sequences(?) or drum tracks (?) load. I understand why…but can’t figure out how to get them back.

One of my projects is a Pink Floyd tribute so getting back “On the Run” has become important. I’ve scoured my hard drive & SSD, even the CDs that came with the Kronos, to try to figure out what file might provide this, and how to get it back. “On the Run” program is there, but no longer does the arpeggiation. In my effort to get it back I reviewed the parameters of the program. It shows 87 Euro Lights as the GE under Karma tab…and appears to be there. It shows P401 Techno Grv under Drum Pattern and Brazilian perc kit under Drum Track Parameter in the Programs’ common/Drum Track tab. When I open these parameters both are listed in the drop down lists. I’ve tried many things, i.e.with and without the Drum Track button enabled, and a variety of other buttons, parameters, etc. to no avail.

Can someone explain how this arpeggiation works? Is it a drum track? A sequence? Do I need to reload something? If so…what? If someone can help teach a man to fish here….I’m just not getting it from trial and error, or looking through online and manual help.

TIA
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is a drum track thing, which i doubt, drum track must be on. You mentioned already making sure drum track is on.

If it is a Karma GE generated arppegio, which i believe it is, then Karma has to be on. Is Karma on? My beliefs are not always right Laughing

If the program is a factory program, you can always go to Factory files and open up the files there all the way down to KGE files and do a load KGE files only. Just to be sure they are loaded. But if you are reading a GE name and number in a Karmified program, then the GE is preloaded there.
You could go to the factory files, if it is a factory program and load just that program alone. And then see if it changes program behaviour.

I this fails, then maybe some of us here can go down a list of things behind karma to see if Karma is being cut out in other ways.
Wave sequence could be a source of Arppegio like note response, but also Step sequencer. Wave sequencer would show up as a sample in OSC page if you are not in an EXi program. Step sequencer would likely be set as AMS over pitch if it were doing arppegio work in the program.

I will wait for more info because i don’t have Kronos with me to open the same program to compare. Some one who can do that is best to help you out here.
Daddyg3042

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks much.

Yes, drum track is lit-no change
Yes, Karma is lit. When it's on, there's only attack (faint click), no sustain of the note, like when it's not lit.

I found the On the Run patch in the factory/preload.pcg/programs. I've loaded it. No difference. Gone through the preload.KGE file to see if I can load something there...do not see any related files. I've searched all of the file trees in the HD and SSD and see no related files in any directory.

Under Global, All Karma Off & Drum Track Off are unchecked.

In the Program/Karma, because I've reloaded the program, I'd think that all the parameters are once again set to factory. Fooled with some things but I'm just not seeing any parameter that seems pertinent to getting the arpeggiation back.

Thanks for your help.
Daddyg3042

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured it out. In Global, MIDI was set to EXT MIDI. Once set to internal....all's well.

Go figure.
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well - none of the arps or KARMA or Drum Track will run when the clock mode is set to External. They are all sitting there waiting for something to send them a clock. Glad you figured it out, but it's the way it's designed to work. Wink

19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daddyg3042 wrote:
Figured it out. In Global, MIDI was set to EXT MIDI. Once set to internal....all's well.

Go figure.

When you do a save, be it “Save All” or save .PCG, it will always entail PCG files. P=Program. C=Combi. G=Global. Those are the foundation parts of kronos system. And they are built on the KSC, KGE, KMP and whatever sample, GE and pattern bank content you have. Those all load automatically with PCG or “All” files.

The G=Global part is just as important as loading the right program or right combi to get your sounds running intact. Global setting store and save just like all the rest and mix ups can happen when a global setting or a few are altered for short term purposes but then forgotten about before doing a save of long term purposed stuff.
Or loading a program from a PCG set governed by a different Global setup and then having that program playing in a PCG setup with a Global setup not from its original PCG set.
Keeping related P, C & G content all together is important to keep the integrity of each Program and Combi.

I hope you are able to back-track to where your original global setup went askew. That way you know what house keeping to practice to avoid same issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: