Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Expression pedal question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GMUL

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject: Expression pedal question Reply with quote

Hi all and thanks for your time and any advice you can provide. Here is my situation.

I have my kronos 61 midied to my px5s. The kronos is the master and I am using the px strictly as a midi controller ( I will hereafter refer to the px as the midi controller ) . My kronos lives in setlist mode and all combis have the necessary timbres for the midi controller operating on midi channel 16. The pxs stage settings is also operating on Channel 16. All working perfectly and full of awesomeness.

I have my expression pedal connected to the kronos and want to use it in conjunction with the midi controller ( simple example would be to play a piano timbre on the controller and use the pedal to bring in a string patch but also be able to play that patch from the physical keys on the Kronos also ).

I have the expression pedal working perfectly with the Kronos on cc11 ( I think ). It works perfect when just playing the kronos. So I want to have the controller have a second patch be controlled by the pedal connected to the Kronos.

I have tired a few different things in the midi parameters but am on succeeding. Can anyone ofer a solution. I know I am overlooking somehing
Simple. Thanks you all for your time
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is accomplished in Karma. Use one of the Karma modules to add the controllers to channel 16. Then the CC tab to select which controllers/keys etc. will transfer. I am not at my board but I think this should get you going in the right direction. It IS doable.

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
Xenophile

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread explains how to get pedals to work across both Kronos and another midi controller. http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=111238&highlight=external+midi+keyboard
GMUL

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all he help guys. I will work on it tonight. Cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: