Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help assigning controler knobs to edit sounds on an Korg X3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mty_xyz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject: Help assigning controler knobs to edit sounds on an Korg X3 Reply with quote

I have just acquired an X3 and I am impressed ...but the inability to change sounds on the fly is a pain.
I've never had a synth with such few control knobs.
I have a novation midi keyboard with lots of knobs and I want to be able to access the filter and cutoff or what ever using the midi keyboard.
I use logic pro if its any easier routing it through that.

I did get a software editor but it will only work with very old computers ...shame about that.
SerErris

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a 01/w so some things might be different to the X3, even if they have in general the same sound engine.

You can find the manual here:
https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/manual/1/230/1697/

Also if you are interested - Service Manual:
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1135798/Korg-X3.html

So what I read from the manual, the programming and the controls are pretty much the same as the 01/w.

That means, you can only put on the following controls to the X3 as it has no control over others and only understands this

1. Pitch bend (this is on the joystick)
2. Modulation wheel (this is also on the joystick internal)
3. Damper Pedal
4. Another Pedal.

These are according to chapters 5A-6A ...

The assignable parameters are

1. Pitch Bend
2. Pitch Modulation e.g. Vibrato (Modulation Intensity)
3. Filter Modulation (cutoff frequency and Modulation Intensity)

As there are no other options to program sounds and controll those, you also cannot assign any Midi keyboard controlls to anything else.

So unfortunately you cannot directly assign any controls to the program edit page e.g. to influence parameters directly.

A last hint here for the software you might have:

You can start a pretty old Windows system (e.g. Windows ME or Windows 2000) in a virtual machine. VirtualBox for instance is free for personal use and can run Windows 2000.

If you need help for finding a Windows 2000 Install CD and key (which is impossible to buy today), please contact me via PM.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: