Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Joystick PitchBend edit?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VICTOR KENNEDY

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:05 am    Post subject: Joystick PitchBend edit? Reply with quote

Is there a way to adjust the Joystick pitch bend amount?

I can't find in the user manual how to adjust this.
It's set at only 2 semitone up or down, but I need to get at least an octave down.

I don't see a setting for it in Global, Combi or Program mode.

All help greatly appreciated.
iMAC OSX 10.11.3, 3.4 GHz i7, 12 GB Ram | MacBookPro OSX 10.10, 2.5Ghz, 16GB Ram | A+H Qu16 | ProTools 12.6 | Korg Kronos2 61 | MicroKorg | N.I. Komplete - Kontrol | Alesis DM10 | Avid Eleven Rack | Slate VMS One | Fender, Maton, Epiphone Guitars |Allen+Heath Qu-16 | Etc Etc...
darwinwiebe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a way to change the amount of pitch bend from the joystick. Does depend on the engine you are using.

For HD-1, got to the OSC/PITCH page and look for OSC 1 PITCH and OSC 2 PITCH. Near the top, you will see JS(+X) and JS(-X). You can enter the amount of maximum pitch bend on the joystick. Pages 66-67 in parameter guide.

For AL-1, go to the OSC/PITCH page and find PITCH COMMON. Look for the same JS(+X) and JS(-X) and you can enter the numbers there. Page 198 in the parameter guide.

For the CX-3, look at page 236 in the parameter guide.

For the STR-1 engine, look at page 264 in the parameter guide.

For MS-20, check out page 309 in the guide.

For POLYSIX, page 337 in parameter guide.

For MOD-7, page 364 in parameter guide.

For MDS electric piano, page 410 in the guide.

The SGX piano doesn’t pitch bend at all.
VICTOR KENNEDY

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info.
I did eventually find how to do this in a Combi of several instruments stacked up, all being played simultaneously. Something strange is that with a '-' value the sounds shifted UP and with '+' value they shifted DOWN. Maybe this has something to do with each program's specific settings?

I will look into the parameter guide for more detailed info.
I must admit I get overwhelmed by the enormous Guide manuals, which are often hard to find some basic functions in.

I suppose it is because the Kronos is such a complex instrument.
iMAC OSX 10.11.3, 3.4 GHz i7, 12 GB Ram | MacBookPro OSX 10.10, 2.5Ghz, 16GB Ram | A+H Qu16 | ProTools 12.6 | Korg Kronos2 61 | MicroKorg | N.I. Komplete - Kontrol | Alesis DM10 | Avid Eleven Rack | Slate VMS One | Fender, Maton, Epiphone Guitars |Allen+Heath Qu-16 | Etc Etc...
darwinwiebe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, you were working with a combi.

TIMBRE PARAMETER page and the PITCH sub page.

Sometime I gotta try it out by setting one up and really messing up the numbers to get each voice to pitch up or down differently. See what crazy stuff I can come up with.

Check out page 472 in the parameter guide.

I’m not one for user manuals as I rarely use one myself, but even I need them for this beast. Have them in PDF form on my iPad so I can search for what I need.
VICTOR KENNEDY

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's where I adjusted Bend Range. At first some parts were going Up while others went Down, which as you say can be great for something OutThere...which is sorta what I'm after often.
This time I just wanted to get an INFINITE downward Bend for the end of a song we're gonna be doing live. I want to hold the last note and have it disappear into the bowels of the volcano so to speak. Seems you can only Bend down 2 octaves max.

I'm sure that with many many hours and much head aching a lot can be achieved with this unit, but trying to remain calm whilst finding some basic functions can be difficult. As for Karma, well...great idea, but I wish it was easy just to write my own bits for it. I love being able to use technology to it's utmost, loops, weird sounds etc etc, but I DO like to have total control over what is played, unless I choose to employ some random generational aspects, which is also great.

Cheers, and all the best with ya soundings...
VICTOR KENNEDY

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS: I use the PITCH function all the time. Often having the same Prog on different channels of a Combi, with them octaves apart, and blended in the mix. Of course you can also have them at different pitches, thereby creating a Chord when you play a single not. I've not used the Pads yet, and will possibly get a NanoPad if I delve in there, just to keep the keyboard full available for other stuff.

This thing is endless, and endlessly frustrating at times.

RPPR and Wave sequencer and so forth are also on my agenda, if i can find the best way to keep them flexible for live jamming and performing with a band.

We don't play to a clicktrack, or use computers live, so I need to be able to somehow emulate 'syncy-sequenced-pulsy' things that will work with a human drummer etc.

Mind you, I'm all up for completely programmed music also, just at present stuck in a band situation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: