Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Krome owner saying hi. The Krome is a nice workstation.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dav

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: New Krome owner saying hi. The Krome is a nice workstation. Reply with quote

Hello all. I recently picked up a used Krome 61 in GREAT condition at a pawn shop for $450 USD. It doesn't have a scratch on it, and the screen is flawless. There are no clicking noises when playing, so its internal card must be working correctly. The currently installed OS is 1.0.0. I'm guessing whoever owned this keyboard rarely used it.

So far I'm pretty impressed with the Krome. It has nice variety of sounds, and the piano sound is MUCH better than the piano on my last workstation (Korg TR). Its keybed isn't the greatest for sure, but I plan on hooking up my Korg sp-250 when better is needed. I mainly got the Krome for composing sequences for backing tracks, so its sequencer is what I was most interested in. In the past I've had a Korg M1, T3, O1W/FD, MicroStation, M50 and TR (in that order). I wanted a Kronos, but just couldn't afford one. I'm happy to have the Krome.

Just introducing myself here and saying hey.

- Dav
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

The Krome has, in my opinion, the best set of linear sequencer interface options on the hardware market.

Step sequencing, direct entry, quantised direct entry, piano roll - it's also great for working with external MIDI devices this way, because you can record parameter changes and program changes.

I think that you will be very happy with your acquisition.
Dav

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Koekepan. I am very happy with the krome. I really like the sequencer too, it's the best that I've found on a keyboard workstation. It is feature packed without being clumsy or get in the way of creativity. Quick to lay down tracks and edit them. I hooked my sp-250 up to it today, worked out great.

- Dav
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Krome is also a great board for just gigging. Whether you sequence it externally or run it by itself, it has a really great range of sounds and it's pretty easy to use the touchscreen to make new patches.

It's not even all that heavy (although obviously heavier than the Kross).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: