Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Refresher required

View previous topic :: View next topic  
umanid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject: Refresher required Reply with quote

Hello Members,

I was once a Pa800 user but since my board got corrupted some 3 years ago, my music scene was off. Now I've got myself a Pa700 & am a bit rusty on the operations. I have a few questions I'd like to have the feedback :

How to set a permanent/master split point for the Style Play mode, as the same changes with every style?
How to save personalized styles to create a Songbook?

Most importantly, it's there a physical operating manual, as I didn't get any with the keyboard?

The above inquiries are very basic but my narration above justifies my stance.

Regards,

Umair
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Search Youtube for Korg Video Manual for PA700 and you will get a list of them, work through then and you will get a basic understanding of the functions.

The manual is a PDF but since new there have been two firmware updates with 1.2 being the current one.

Now its Korgs practice to provide a partial manual with each update, this partial manual just lists the changes since the last so as you look something up in the original 1.0 manual you will need to check the 1.1 and 1.2 partial manuals to see the details and if what you want to know has been changed in the updates.

For some reason the members here fail to see how stupid this is of Korg, it would be far better if they updated the whole manual with the changes and repested the changes in an addendum.
romney_yw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason why the members fail to see "how stupid this is of Korg" is simply because you are incorrect about the way the manuals are structured. There is a complete manual issued with the software for every new release of the operating system, which fully describes the functionality provided by that version of the software.

In addition, there is an incremental upgrade manual which is updated with each release of the OS software. This manual shows ALL the changes introduced since the original version of the software, clearly identifying which changes are associated with each update to the OS. This manual is helpful for users who are familiar with the operation of the instrument and want to quickly identify the changes which have been implemented.

I think it is very unfair to continue your criticism of Korg, based on your misunderstanding of how the manuals are actually constructed. As I stated in my reply to your other post elsewhere on this forum, if you read the manuals carefully, you will discover that they are already structured in the way you are suggesting......

The PA700 OS is actually now at V1.3, and there is a V1.3 manual to accompany it.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

romney_yw wrote:
The reason why the members fail to see "how stupid this is of Korg" is simply because you are incorrect about the way the manuals are structured. There is a complete manual issued with the software for every new release of the operating system, which fully describes the functionality provided by that version of the software.

In addition, there is an incremental upgrade manual which is updated with each release of the OS software. This manual shows ALL the changes introduced since the original version of the software, clearly identifying which changes are associated with each update to the OS. This manual is helpful for users who are familiar with the operation of the instrument and want to quickly identify the changes which have been implemented.

I think it is very unfair to continue your criticism of Korg, based on your misunderstanding of how the manuals are actually constructed. As I stated in my reply to your other post elsewhere on this forum, if you read the manuals carefully, you will discover that they are already structured in the way you are suggesting......

The PA700 OS is actually now at V1.3, and there is a V1.3 manual to accompany it.

What he software update does not do is automatically download the updated manual

Many thanks for pointing out the errr of my ways, I shall now download the updated v 1.3 of the manual.

Strange that Korg support did not advise me that they update the whole manual when I queried it with them.
romney_yw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry it's taken me a while to reply, I seem to have been a bit busy with other things. I'm glad that you have discovered how the manuals are structured.

I would agree that the OS Update could usefully include the updated manual, though the resulting file might be a bit large for some situations. At least it could perhaps contain some information to show that main manual had been updated and should be downloaded (again) separately.

If you look carefully at the User Manual link on the Downloads page, you might notice that the issue date has been changed. It's a small detail which I probably only noticed because I used to be a technical author myself, so I do tend to look out for that sort of thing. Of course, it's also not much help if you don't know the date of the manual you've already downloaded.....

Also, when I was reading the manual, I discovered that it described some features (e.g. response curves on the assignable pedal) which were not available on my PA700. I discovered that I had the original base software, and so subsequently installed OS V1.2 in order to get the additional features. This suggested to me that the manuals were updated to accompany each release of the OS software.

When you download the manual, the PDF file clearly includes V1.1, V1.2, V1.3 etc as part of the file name, so I can't really see any reason why the link shouldn't also include the version number to make it much more obvious that there has been an update issued. After all, they include the OS version in the download link in the section below, so why not do the same for the User Manual? I'm sure a lot of people would find this useful.

I will write to Korg myself and explain the problem in more detail and see if they can be persuaded to modify the Downloads page to make it more helpful..... Smile Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: