Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New sax from sounds of planet
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scarecrow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject: New sax from sounds of planet Reply with quote

Help I have follwed the instructions which said the sounds would be in user FF bank but htere is nothing there
Scarecrow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arrh it says "You can load the samples etc" further on so I go into where the sof file is and load them, now, can I tell it to load them other than FF-00 as I have a few program there?
Scarecrow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried to look at this throught PCG tools, but the file dosent show up when you browse for to the memory stick from within pcg tools
mikeyd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have a FB Page and home Page so you might ask them there.
I’ve loaded stuff in other banks other than what the default bank is without pcg tools.
Is that the problem that pcg tools doesn’t recognize it or you can’t load the sounds/samples where you want them?
Sorry a bit confused.....
Scarecrow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the samples to work ok, so my only problem is they have loaded into FF, so I would like to set the kronos back to normal and get them to load into GG or else I will have to move my programs from FF to GG and load the new saxes, then as and when I find a song or combie with a missing timber, I could just reload it from GG and then re-save it I think.
Scarecrow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When browsing from pcg tools to the new sounds on the stick, pcg tools dose not find a suitable folder to load, I maybe missing a step, but not sure.
SoundsOfPlanet
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

Installation of for example EXs 177 causes copying the files to the folder on internal disc of Kronos – in this case to the Sounds of Planet folder – and over there you will find the folder called EXS 177 Saxophones.
So in this moment, you still do not have anything installed in the programs of Kronos.
Just in case - make a copy of your own pcg –
To do so, go to disc mode – Save tab and upper window – select Save PCG

To actually install the programs of EXS 177, enter the HDD disc inside your Kronos – find the folder called Sounds of Planet, then folder EXS 177 Saxophones, open it -> you will find there the files PCG and KSC. You should mark (highlight) them and press LOAD – the Programs will install to U-FF.
One more thing – you have to enter GLOBAL mode -- KSC Auto –Load tab, over there you will see the name EXs 177.KSC – mark-place red square on the left side of window . After performing such action, every time after switching Kronos on , relevant samples will load to EXs 177.

Regards
Sounds of Planet

http://www.soundsofplanet.com/
one Man -one Kronos- and new sounds by Sounds of Planet
SoundsOfPlanet
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redirecting the programs from U- FF is done in standard way .
Open PCG file – inside you will see the Programs and WaveSequences.

Mark (highlight) - WaveSequences – and press LOAD – here you can not do redirection.
Mark (highlight) Programs –and OPEN – Bank U-FF will appear – now press LOAD – in the window, that will appear you can now choose where do you want to load new programs .

Regards
SoP

GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoundsOfPlanet wrote:

Mark (highlight) - WaveSequences – and press LOAD – here you can not do redirection.
Mark (highlight) Programs –and OPEN – Bank U-FF will appear – now press LOAD – in the window, that will appear you can now choose where do you want to load new programs .

Regards
SoP

Hi, the sax quality is really nice. Your work is an excellent improvement over the basic factory Kronos sax programs.

Are your sample lib/sax programs dry ? I hear plenty of reverb on your sax demos and I prefer adding my own FX

Thanks !
SoundsOfPlanet
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
SoundsOfPlanet wrote:

Regards
SoP

Hi, the sax quality is really nice. Your work is an excellent improvement over the basic factory Kronos sax programs.

Are your sample lib/sax programs dry ? I hear plenty of reverb on your sax demos and I prefer adding my own FX

Thanks !

When you switch off the programmed reverb effects – you will have no reverb – just a pure saxophone .
The reverb effects you hear in my demos are applied because of a specific nature given songs.

Regards
SoP

Scarecrow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok everything seems to work ok, my new saxes are in GG and my FFF programs are intact and working with thier relative combies and songs as far as I have checked, the only problem I am having now is I noticed it after loading the file off the stick for the 1st time, when it says to switch off kronos as wait 10 sec, then switch on, it took 3 goes before it switched back on, and it's doing this all the time now, any ideas?
mikeyd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SoundsOfPlanet"][b]Redirecting[/b] the programs from U- FF is done in standard way .

Regards
SoP[/quote]

Thanks SOP for helping out! Great sound set by the way.

Keep up the good work.
SoundsOfPlanet
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scarecrow wrote:
Ok everything seems to work ok, my new saxes are in GG and my FFF programs are intact and working with thier relative combies and songs as far as I have checked, the only problem I am having now is I noticed it after loading the file off the stick for the 1st time, when it says to switch off kronos as wait 10 sec, then switch on, it took 3 goes before it switched back on, and it's doing this all the time now, any ideas?

Purchasing option licenses via the internet
1. Go to http://www.korg.com/kronos
2. Log in under your registered member name. If you aren’t already registered, follow the online instructions for registering as a member of www.korg.com. After registering as a member, register your KRONOS.
3. Purchase the authorization code for the desired option. After purchasing, you’ll receive your authorization code. Note that this code is tied to your Public ID, and will not work on other KRONOS systems. If you have more than one KRONOS, you’ll need to purchase authorizations for each one separately.

Authorizing options on the KRONOS
1. Go to the Global Options Info page.
2. Select the option to authorize from the list of Installed Options.
3. Press the Authorize Selected button. The Authorize Selected window will appear. You’ll see the name of the selected option or option bundle at the top of the window. The window also includes an on-screen keyboard, so that you can enter your authorization code.
4. Enter the authorization code.
5. Press OK.
Provided that you entered a valid authorization code, the list will now show the option or option bundle as Authorized, and the audio limitations of Demo mode will be removed.

Scarecrow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have registered and added the 177 pack to cart, however when I click on the cart icon to check out, all that happens is the same page reloads.
Scarecrow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang on, I had to log out and log in again, should have known, it's Korg, nothing is easy for novices. Ok next step put this key into global settings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: