Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moog One
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.. it sounds like the next big thing..

I think it created enough Gas allready to warrant some good initial sales..

And it will make a great omnisphere 2.5 controller on top...
Hooked On Sonics

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2019 Synth of the Year ... Moog Won Laughing
Korg Kronos II - Instant Karma's Gonna Get You, Synth Wars - The Rise of the KARP 2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, KARP & Odyessey, Moog One - The Poly Menace, Vintage 2016 Model D, Voyager of Sinbad XL, Fooger Family of Six, Three Mothers Like No Others, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, MoogClaraVox, Criklon V2, in living color, Elektron RytmII Avenue, Neuman U67
Hooked On Sonics

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Scott, FedEx just sent a text that says ... Hooked On Sonics, this Tranquility Base, Moog One arrives at your studio tomorrow. Count Down landing engines on, T minus 16 hours, satellite tracking engaged. After tomorrow, Stadiums will fall Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Korg Kronos II - Instant Karma's Gonna Get You, Synth Wars - The Rise of the KARP 2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, KARP & Odyessey, Moog One - The Poly Menace, Vintage 2016 Model D, Voyager of Sinbad XL, Fooger Family of Six, Three Mothers Like No Others, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, MoogClaraVox, Criklon V2, in living color, Elektron RytmII Avenue, Neuman U67
RKfan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations - have fun.
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a roller coaster ride so far. My hopes and expectations and observations have gone up and down with demo videos, online forum testimony, and my own synthesizing experiments.

It's tri-timbral, so that means it plays well with my Kronos cover song combis. Now who gets top status, Kronos or One?

It's thick, it's thin, orchestral, bassy, brassy, cinematic, punchy, and more than expected from an analog poly. Beautiful and efficient UI.

It's got teething issues like background hiss, fan noise, and FX glitches, but the Moog team seem responsive and hopeful for the years of updates to come.

This is week 1 Cool
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a roller coaster ride so far. My hopes and expectations and observations have gone up and down with demo videos, online forum testimony, and my own synthesizing experiments.

It's tri-timbral, so that means it plays well with my Kronos cover song combis. Now who gets top status, Kronos or One?

It's thick, it's thin, orchestral, bassy, brassy, cinematic, punchy, and more than expected from an analog poly. Beautiful and efficient UI.

It's got teething issues like background hiss, fan noise, and FX glitches, but the Moog team seem responsive and hopeful for the years of updates to come.

This is week 1 Cool
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$10,000 for the 16 voice here in Canada. The price puts it out of my reach.
Poo!
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeremykeys wrote:
$10,000 for the 16 voice here in Canada. The price puts it out of my reach.
Poo!

Well thats one less worry
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From user reports so far..

The analogue part is brilliant
The user interface is intuitive
The software part is buggy at best
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I'd check in. I'm frequenting the Gearslutz forum now, mostly in the Moog One threads.

The One really is a big analog, in more ways than one. I've gotten more accustomed to how the dual oscillators work, and how the dual filters work.

The state variable filter I find really intriguing. You can choose between notch, bandpass, highpass, and lowpass modes. Since it's basically two SVF filters working in concert, you can also choose between serial and parallel modes. Then there's the spacing between those two filters, ranging from -72% to 72%. The default spacing of 0% in parallel mode gets you close to an Oberheim type response. Dialing in serial mode with negative spacing gets you a more thick and less resonant response, I'm guessing like a Roland type LPF. Some variations within the SVF get you a vowel like response.

And then the SVF filter itself can be routed in serial or parallel to the Moog ladder filter. The ladder can be HPF or the famous Moog low pass filter. You can also choose from 4 pole (traditional), 3-pole (like TB-303 acid squelch), 2-pole, and 1-pole.

Each dual oscillator provides a much wider variety of tones compared to your typical static saw, triangle, and pulse waves. The pulse wave section is as expected. You then blend this with the other part of the oscillator, which can be a variably shaped triangle or saw. The triangle dialed in as a ramp gives the meatiest sound. Mixing the 2 types of waves creates new waveforms with slightly differing harmonic structures, as seen in the oscilloscope for each oscillator. These are true VCOs, and are therefore very thick, even before animating the waveforms via LFO or envelope modulation. With 3 OSC per voice, and 16 voices, you can understand how big a sound you can get.

Long story short, the One has a lot of sonic territory for an analog. It takes work to get to vintage analog territory, as the One has its own unique character thanks to its dual oscillator into dual filter design.

It took me an hour and half to create a 3 timbre Subdivisions patch that is stronger and more fun to play than my Kronos combi for Subdivisions, which I've been tweaking every now and then for a couple years. My Jump patch is still better on my Kronos layered with the Rev2, but I haven't spent more than 5-10 minutes addressing Jump on the One yet. I'm more interested in I'll Wait first.

The One was a big, rash purchase I could only afford thanks to Sweetwater's 2 year no interest payment plan, and them bumping my credit line to $4500 to cover most of the cost. I'll be paying $200 a month for the next couple years, but so far it seems worth it. My interest in synthesis has been re-kindled, and I can see years of fun with this One.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: