Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DS-DAC-100, AudioGate and 32 bit floating point bit depth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill T.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject: DS-DAC-100, AudioGate and 32 bit floating point bit depth Reply with quote

I master vinyl to 192kHz 32 bit floating point files. I can play them directly from my DAW to the DS-DAC-100 and the 'Device Resolution/Driver Communication' is set to 32 bit. Does anyone know if the DS-DAC-100 has the circuitry to play the 32 bit floating point natively or if it converts the file to 32 bit integer before play back?

If I let AudioGate play the 32 bit floating point file through the DS-DAC-100 does AudioGate and the DS-DAC-100 play the 32 bit floating point natively or do they converts the file to 32 bit integer before play back?

I have exported from the DAW 192/24 bit int, 192/32 bit int and 192/32 floating point and played them back to back in AudioGate w/DS-DAC-100 and each one sounds different, this is why I am asking the questions above about the circuity.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: