Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Right Audio Out Suddenly Died - FT MUSICIAN NEEDS HELP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjlee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:49 am    Post subject: Right Audio Out Suddenly Died - FT MUSICIAN NEEDS HELP Reply with quote

GIGS THIS WEEK, COULD REALLY USE THE HELP. right audio out on my Korg Krome went dead out of the middle of nowhere. in combo mode, i have left-hand bass panned fully left, and right-hand everything-else panned fully right. all of the sudden, when i turned it on at the gig, the right audio out is no longer working.

yet when i plug in stereo headphones, i hear bass in the left ear only, and other sounds in the right ear only, as it should be.

i took the Krome apart. again. (major hassles with the known mini SD card in the past.) i don't see anything broken or black like it was blown out or something. then again, i really have no idea what i'm looking for.

there is no sound whatsoever when i jiggle the cable while it's plugged into the right out.

i've reset the sounds to factory, and also done a hard reset when booting up.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The headphone out, using a splitter lead, could be used instead of the L and R line outs to still allow you to perform, in spite of the issue with the R line out. The level will be lower than the line outs, but PAs/mixers will generally accommodate the difference in levels and front of house should be able to adjust their levels to suit.

What happens when only the L/mono jack is used? Can both channels be heard, albeit mxed to mono? Do the audio leads check out OK?

There could be an issue, either with the mute transistors, or with the line out amplifier section. Sounds like a repair job is required.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: