Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Roland vs Korg

View previous topic :: View next topic  
testmb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:56 pm    Post subject: Roland vs Korg Reply with quote

Hi,
as a former Roland arranger user I appreciated the possibility to set for example a specific drumkit as the so called "US"(Userprogram). This meant that this Drumkit would be used in all my styles. I can't do this with Korg Pa4x or yes?. I have to set for every style I change the preferred drumkit in the instrumentlist.

Any idea if there is a way around please?

Best regards

Max
PA4X,Akai S3000,Roland TD17K, Play on Yamaha S90Es every sunday, Have a Roland E-86 since 22 years, Yamaha Qy-70, GEM wx2, Quasimidi styledrive, V-machine, Casio DH-100, Roland PC160, Drumkat DK10, Roland MS-1, Simmons Hugger , Yamaha TMX, Roland PD31,Soundtracs Topaz Mini mixer. Can use 2x Yamaha MS 60. Yamaha MJC8 Midi matrix 1x8.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Roland vs Korg Reply with quote

testmb wrote:
.. the possibility to set for example a specific drumkit as the so called "US"(Userprogram). This meant that this Drumkit would be used in all my styles ..

If you swap one Drumkit (Drumkit-Old) with another Drumkit (Drumkit New), any style that used Drumkit-Old before will use Drumkit-New. This works with every Pa-Keyboard from Korg.

If the Drumkit-Old is a factory drum kit, you must first open the memory protection for the factory data.

It is recommended to save Drumkit-Old before it is overwritten in case it should be used later again.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good suggestion siebenhirter

@testmb
Also, remember that for those few songs where you want a different drum kit it is easier to use SONGBOOK rather than editing the style.
So just change the drum kit and write the SONGBOOK entry - all is remembered!!!

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
testmb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:25 pm    Post subject: copy all Reply with quote

OK thanks,

I see if i copy my preferred Drumkit to all drumkit locations I will always hear my preferred Drumkit Wink

thanks
PA4X,Akai S3000,Roland TD17K, Play on Yamaha S90Es every sunday, Have a Roland E-86 since 22 years, Yamaha Qy-70, GEM wx2, Quasimidi styledrive, V-machine, Casio DH-100, Roland PC160, Drumkat DK10, Roland MS-1, Simmons Hugger , Yamaha TMX, Roland PD31,Soundtracs Topaz Mini mixer. Can use 2x Yamaha MS 60. Yamaha MJC8 Midi matrix 1x8.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: