Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

King korg keybed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pusaka

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject: King korg keybed Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Been thinking about getting king korg to my gigging upper board. So I've a weighted piano for all my pianos and EPs, KK would be for all the other stuff (leads, pads, synth sounds, dirty EPs, organs).

For the sounds, I'm very satisfied for everything and the tweakability. The keybed seemed a bit depressing to play though, now I've always played only fully weighted boards, so could be only me but...

Have you KK owners been growing on the keybed after playing with it for a while? If you thought the same at first for the keys that they felt bad? I'm getting a lot of accidental notes because of the light action.
CowboyNQ

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The keybed is certainly not the most attractive feature of the KingKorg, as you will know, having played it.

That said, it's never really bothered me that much either. It's not a piano, it's a VA, and I find the keys adequate enough for live performance in that context.

I'll give you fair warning since you mentioned it - the organ and EP sounds on the KK are not very good. However the synth stuff is beyond excellent.

To answer your question, it is possible to adapt and get used to the keybed after a while. I've had mine for years and it doesn't bother me at all.

Last edited by CowboyNQ on Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Joe P

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: King korg keybed Reply with quote

I don't like it for piano, but I think the action is good for synth and organ. It's a light, fast action and you can get really fast repeat notes on it if you want to. It's okay for pads too.

Love King Korg!

Good luck.

Joe
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind the keyboard feel either. Like Cowboy I too am not impressed with the organ or piano sounds but I think it's an amazing synth. To me, it feels the way a synth should feel.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
Oldretro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: King korg keybed Reply with quote

pusaka wrote:
Hi guys,

Been thinking about getting king korg to my gigging upper board. So I've a weighted piano for all my pianos and EPs, KK would be for all the other stuff (leads, pads, synth sounds, dirty EPs, organs).

For the sounds, I'm very satisfied for everything and the tweakability. The keybed seemed a bit depressing to play though, now I've always played only fully weighted boards, so could be only me but...

Have you KK owners been growing on the keybed after playing with it for a while? If you thought the same at first for the keys that they felt bad? I'm getting a lot of accidental notes because of the light action.

I have the KingKorg almost since it came out, and even though the feel and action is a bit cheap (the keyboard of my JD-XA feels even worse) I got used to it after a little while.
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a funny thing that I only noticed a couple of days ago. The keys on my KK have yellowed. The even funnier thing is that they haven't yellowed all the way from front to back. The last inch is still white. My studio window faces north too so it's not like the keys get any sunlight on them.
The feel hasn't changed though. Wacky
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KingKORG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: