Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Krome, Krome Editor, and Windows 10- Suggestions?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject: Krome, Krome Editor, and Windows 10- Suggestions? Reply with quote

Hi,

I have the Korg MIDI driver installed and working on my Windows 10 laptop. And after some tinkering, I’ve confirmed that Windows can see my Krome just fine - I’ve successfully set it up to control the multiple virtual instruments on my laptop. So I have no doubts that midi communications are flowing back and forth between keyboard and laptop.

BUT for some reason, the KRome Editor doesn’t see it. I don’t see any way to make any settings changes in the editor. The MIDI section in the Utilities area is greyed out.

Any suggestions? It’s not the end of the world if this doesn’t work, but it would a big plus.

Thanks!
bradkorg

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crappy windows only recognize first 10 midi devices in the list mid0-mid9.
In the krome midi driver folder there should be the uninstall ultility: UnInstDrv.exe
UnInstDrv64.exe for win 64bits
Use that to rearrange the krome midi device to the top 10.

Read these thread for details:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=77812

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=102231&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Jamist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad,

Thanks for the reply - at least I know I’m not alone! I ran the utility, and found that the Krome was in there twice. I removed them both, then reinstalled the driver and reconfigured the midi connection. It’s in there now as midi02. Unfortunately, everything else hasn’t changed. Other software on that laptop sees it just fine, but not the editor. Go figure.

I’ll keep fiddling with it, and see what happens.

Thanks again.
bradkorg

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use manual midi device select in the editor should show a list of midi devices connected, both standalone and plugin editor can't see krome midi.
Don't use other software assigned to krome midi at the same time with the editor, only 1 krome midi device with 1 editor.
Otherwise call korg support and check the compatibilitychart:
https://www.korg.com/download/global/support/os/pdf/win_compatibilitychart_KORG_en.pdf
https://www.korg.com/us/support/os/
Jamist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad,

Where is manual device select in the editor? I’ve looked around, but everything related to MIDI seems to be grayed out.
bradkorg

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you ever read the included editor's pdf manual=KROME_Editor_OM_E1.pdf?
Follow the correct settings in the Krome itself to make it talk to editor.
Read the manual.
ggm1960

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Krome, Krome Editor, and Windows 10- Suggestions? Reply with quote

Jamist wrote:
Hi,

I have the Korg MIDI driver installed and working on my Windows 10 laptop. And after some tinkering, I’ve confirmed that Windows can see my Krome just fine - I’ve successfully set it up to control the multiple virtual instruments on my laptop. So I have no doubts that midi communications are flowing back and forth between keyboard and laptop.

BUT for some reason, the KRome Editor doesn’t see it. I don’t see any way to make any settings changes in the editor. The MIDI section in the Utilities area is greyed out.

Any suggestions? It’s not the end of the world if this doesn’t work, but it would a big plus.

Thanks!

I know I'm late to the game here but here's what I discovered last night. After discovering that the krome editor wouldn't work on my MBP anymore under 10.13.6 I went to a Win7 PC laptop I have and installed the editor program. It ran, found the krome, loaded from and controlled it. I saw a brief popup when I plugged the USB cable from the keyboard in that win was installing driver(s).

I wasn't happy however that I couldn't type in names or copy text from the editor screen with the computer. I got to thinking maybe I needed to install the krome midi driver. Well after doing that the computer would no longer see the krome at all! I guess it's looking for it attached to some other interface? Anyway I eventually disable the krome midi driver and then was able to communicate with the krome again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: