Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to change octave onKronos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robert5152

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:45 pm    Post subject: How to change octave onKronos Reply with quote

HI all
a lot of keyboards have an octave button which makes it easy to change up or down, so my question is, is there a simple way to change the octave up and down on the Kronos. I have looked through the manuals and search the forum but can only find some info on changing programs but not the whole keyboard.

Hope someone can help

Thanks
benny ray
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may help

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=84037

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=70661
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: How to change octave onKronos Reply with quote

robert5152 wrote:
HI all
a lot of keyboards have an octave button which makes it easy to change up or down, so my question is, is there a simple way to change the octave up and down on the Kronos. I have looked through the manuals and search the forum but can only find some info on changing programs but not the whole keyboard.

Hope someone can help

Thanks

in 1 of the links, this reply sort of answers your questions:

================================
"If I want to set up SW1 & SW2 for octave buttons, what should I do??
For example, When I use classic guitar, I want to set up SW1 & SW2 for octave buttons."

For HD1 programs, go to Basic/Vector then Controllers tab. For SW1 select Octave Down and SW2 select Octave Up then press Write to update the program and save these settings

For Exi programs, go to Common then Controllers tab. For SW1 select Octave Down and SW2 select Octave Up then press Write to update the program and save these settings
=================================

by now, you noticing Kronos is not a simple, 1 engine keyboard.

Its has 9 engines. Thus each engine could have its own tab where the octave
change is located. For example, you have the SG-X engine. Press the EXI 1 tab for octave change.

Some sounds have 2 oscillators. The Common tab for Bell sounds has a Transpose box.

I am pointing this out because I think its useful to know " why " something as simple as an octave change is not a simple physical button push on the Kronos
robert5152

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all
thanks for your response, It seems I am not able to do exactly what I wanted to do! as you say the Kronos is a complicated machine so I will just try working around it with the options suggested.

Thanks
keeverw

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: How to change octave onKronos Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
robert5152 wrote:
HI all

Hope someone can help

Thanks

in 1 of the links, this reply sort of answers your questions:

================================
"If I want to set up SW1 & SW2 for octave buttons, what should I do??
For example, When I use classic guitar, I want to set up SW1 & SW2 for octave buttons."

For HD1 programs, go to Basic/Vector then Controllers tab. For SW1 select Octave Down and SW2 select Octave Up then press Write to update the program and save these settings

For Exi programs, go to Common then Controllers tab. For SW1 select Octave Down and SW2 select Octave Up then press Write to update the program and save these settings
=================================

by now, you noticing Kronos is not a simple, 1 engine keyboard.

Its has 9 engines. Thus each engine could have its own tab where the octave
change is located. For example, you have the SG-X engine. Press the EXI 1 tab for octave change.

Some sounds have 2 oscillators. The Common tab for Bell sounds has a Transpose box.

I am pointing this out because I think its useful to know " why " something as simple as an octave change is not a simple physical button push on the Kronos

But it could be that simple.
There could be 2 dedicated octave buttons that happen at the controller level, not at the engine level. Tons of cheap midi controllers have this, and it matters not what type of soft-synth they are controlling. It's universal because it happens before it ever gets to the engine.

Sorry, it just seems like making excuses for Korg omitting a useful feature that would've been pretty easy to implement.

For that matter dedicated transpose buttons would be nice too.
"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not even worth comparing to the glory that will be revealed to us." Rom 8:18
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: