Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Linking sequences to create a song

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Korgman20

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject: Linking sequences to create a song Reply with quote

Pardon my ignorance in this matter. I own a Triton Studio Workstation. When I want to create a song, I create parts of a song such as an intro, verse, chorus, ending, etc. After all those parts are finished, I go to Cue List and enter the parts of my song. From there I hit play and a whole song plays from the beginning to the end.

Regarding the Kronos 2, I would like to know if there is something similar on the Kronos to the Cue List from the Triton Studio. I'm used to creating songs in parts (sequences) then chaining or linking the song parts. Can this be done on the Kronos 2? Can this be done using the Set Lists? I am very interested in purchasing a Kronos 2 and need to know if it has this capability. Recording a song from start to finish just doesn't work for me. I need to do it in parts (sequences) like the old days.

Thank you for your time.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no cue list.

I suppose you could use set list. seems like a time consuming work around
Korgman20

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:35 pm    Post subject: Kronos Reply with quote

Could you give some insight to your answer? Not quite sure where you are going with this.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:28 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos Reply with quote

Korgman20 wrote:
Could you give some insight to your answer? Not quite sure where you are going with this.

1st of all, I use the SEQ 100% . I also create/build my songs in parts or groups of measures per " Song "

Putting myself in your shoes as I best understand your approach.

For example, my intro is 8 measures, My verse is 12 measures after the intro.
I have figured out half of my instruments or more by the 1st verse.
Call that Song 000.

I could start fresh at Song 001 for my 2nd verse. The midi instruments should match for Song 000 and Song 001.

When happy with verse 2, you would copy/paste the song measures
from Song 001 to Song 000.

I don't use the above approach. Your approach is perfectly ok. And you could make it work in the Kronos SEQ if you make the effort.
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:01 am    Post subject: Re: Linking sequences to create a song Reply with quote

Korgman20 wrote:
Recording a song from start to finish just doesn't work for me. I need to do it in parts (sequences) like the old days.

Like Greg said, there is no Cue List. A lot of us want it.

You can work the way you are saying with the following workaround: Select the sounds that comprise your song. Now go to however more Song Slots that you need (one for each part of your song) and use COPY FROM SONG, from the drop down menu.

You can name each song, something like this. Let's assume you are using 5 parts:

S000 Love You INTRO
S001 Love You VERSE
S002 Love You CHORUS
S003 Love You BRIDGE
S004 Love You END

So, for each of those parts, you have basically made 5 copies of "Love You," and the 16 programs and effects chains that comprise it.

To stitch them together, you need to go to the TRACK EDIT page. Select the drop down menu and choose COPY MEASURE. This is the one function that allows you to copy ALL of a song's measures to another song. You can select ALL TRACKS (includes Audio) or ALL MIDI TRACKS, so you can copy the whole song part to whatever destination song you like.

If you are afraid of messing something up, I suggest making a slot, S005 Love You ALL. You can copy everything to there, so that your parts remain unaffected in the other slots.
NETWORK1
Retired

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Linking sequences to create a song Reply with quote

Korgman20 wrote:

When I want to create a song,

I create parts of a song such as an intro, verse, chorus, ending, etc.

I'm used to creating songs in parts (sequences) then chaining or linking the song parts. Can this be done on the Kronos 2 ?

Hi Korgman

I know exactly what your talking about, as its a fundamental concept in song-arranging.
In the Photo-Video-link below,
this pop song "Kizz & Tell" , was arranged into "5 seperate-sequence-parts" , before stitching them together for the final mastering.

your best bet when using the kronos would be to sample the | INTRO-VERSE-DOUBLE-CHORUS-ETC |, sections separately,before joining them all together for the final master.

----------------------------
1.VIDEO POP : https://vimeo.com/album/5005360
2.VIDEO POP : https://vimeo.com/album/4798784

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: