Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Sequencer, Minilogue, Monologue combo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:00 pm    Post subject: Kronos Sequencer, Minilogue, Monologue combo Reply with quote

Using a midi thru solutions box and the Kronos inputs, I'm routing a Monologue and a Minilogue into the sequencer. Midi track 1 Minologue, Track 2 Monologue and wow does it open things up.

By clearing the factory Sequence patches on the little analogues, you change the 16 step sequencer into a limitless pattern sequencer, or/and trigger the Minilogues arpeggiator. I think I'll get a second Minilogue and Quadra Midi solutions box.

So you can maybe put a Kronos drum track down and some Qui Pads, pianos or whatever you like and trigger 2 or 3 Analogue synths running arps or sequencers and mess about with the hands on cutoff, res etc

The Minilogue and Monologue are not basic synths, they sound amazing through the Kronos effects, everything about them is quality. Remembering that this is a Kronos Forum, these three have to be the best value synths ever made in my opinion.

For £1100, if you already have a Kronos and you fancy an Analogue, non menu diving set up, I think a two Mini and one Monologue set up beats a Peak, Prologue, Rev2. Remembering that the Kronos gives you full size keys, effects and as a hardware sequencer alone, is a rare and powerful thing.
studio460

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds really cool. But I'm having trouble understanding your setup. Could you perhaps include a crude diagram or maybe try to explain again? Thanks!

Korg Nautilus 61 AT + DS1H + EXP2 | Korg Kronos 2 Platinum 88 | Korg Radias | Korg Kaoss Pad KP3+ | Kaossilator Pro+ | Kronos Remote iOS
PCG Tools v3.2.0 | WavesArt Cinematic Suite EXs

runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

studio460 wrote:
That sounds really cool. But I'm having trouble understanding your setup. Could you perhaps include a crude diagram or maybe try to explain again? Thanks!

Ok I'll try my best Very Happy

If you had 1 Mini and 1 Monologue

In sequence mode.......set midi track 1 to external. Minilogue to midi track 1.

Set midi track 2 to external......set Monologue to midi 2.

Use the Kronos inputs 1/4 jack sockets to input the Mini and Monologue in each.
In Global turn up the fx sends, for each input.

Your Mini and Monologues will now be able to use the power of the Kronos sequencer and it's effects.

This leaves the other 14 midi tracks to add drum tracks and so on.

If you record say a bass track with the Monologue and an apreggiator with the Minilogue, they will trigger via the Kronos and you can change the Programmes or parameters as it plays out.

You need to clear the sequence data on the Mini/Mono programmes.

In Summary.

1. You have true analogue synths running through your Kronos and the use of full size keys.
2. Your Minilogue and Monologue now has fx and a massive hardware sequencer.

Also of course, you can layer Kronos pads and Minilogue pads too.
studio460

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds super-cool! It never occurred to me that I could do that! That makes for like a billion new possibilities! Thanks!

Korg Nautilus 61 AT + DS1H + EXP2 | Korg Kronos 2 Platinum 88 | Korg Radias | Korg Kaoss Pad KP3+ | Kaossilator Pro+ | Kronos Remote iOS
PCG Tools v3.2.0 | WavesArt Cinematic Suite EXs

runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

studio460 wrote:
That sounds super-cool! It never occurred to me that I could do that! That makes for like a billion new possibilities! Thanks!

Cool and its a relatively cheap, brilliant analogue addition to the best digital synth on the planet.

I'll make a video soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: