Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

K2, from 2018. Sound stopped.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crazydutch

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:08 am    Post subject: K2, from 2018. Sound stopped. Reply with quote

Hello all,

Yesterday, during practice, my Kronos went silent. Everything else seemed to work, but it refused to speak to me.
I had to reboot to get it to work again.

This never happened with my previous K1, from 2012.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour, and is Korg aware of and working on this problem?

Thanks
benny ray
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the Kronos 2 working properly now? Do you have an UPS for power surges, etc.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were there USB and/or midi devices plugged in? Only time i had such issues was with all those plugged in and crashing the system USB line events or signals. In some cases, all i did was unplug the USB line and plug it in again.
Not sure i know of a computer based sytem that does not ever crash.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: K2, from 2018. Sound stopped. Reply with quote

Crazydutch wrote:
Hello all,

Yesterday, during practice, my Kronos went silent. Everything else seemed to work, but it refused to speak to me.
I had to reboot to get it to work again.

This never happened with my previous K1, from 2012.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour, and is Korg aware of and working on this problem?

Thanks

It is unnerving to experience that.

How old is your K2 ?

Can you recreate exactly what you were doing and duplicate the shut down ?

To better focus on your K2, more info would help. There are numerous variables.
Xenophile

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar issue with an open-box K2-61 that I bought in the fall of 2017. On the second show that I worked with it, all was well during sound check. I left it powered on for another hour or so before showtime. Showtime arrives, and I had no sound from the Kronos. Nothing from the L/R outputs or the headphone output. Display indicated no problems. I shut it off and rebooted it a couple times. Still no sound. I had to scramble to borrow another keyboard for the gig.

When I brought it home the next day and tried it, I still had no sound. So I took it to the nearby Korg authorized repair shop. Of course, when they powered it on it worked perfectly. I asked them to open it up and check for loose connections. They did that, and noted that several of the board-to-board connectors inside were not fully seated. They re-seated all the connections, closed it up and sent it home with me. I have not had a problem with it since then. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I have since found a schematic for an earlier version of Kronos. I'm not sure how much different it is from the current K2. But I noticed when looking at the audio output circuits, that there is a transistor circuit to mute all the outputs... apparently when some fault is detected at the output connectors. It might be that the loose connections on my unit caused that muting circuit to activate.
Tfortexas

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Experienced a similar problem today believe it or not. I found that when I had loaded some preset files it actually would change my global settings every time and under the midi tab the local control would be switched to off. I turned the local control back on and replugged everything back on and it worked again. Hope you get it going again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: