Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Record pa4x to computer.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnmak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject: Record pa4x to computer. Reply with quote

Dear Forum,
I am considering buying an audio interface so I can record my daughter singing and playing the pa4x. I will play the bass and guitar tracks.
I’ve never used an audio interface but I would like to know if and how I can record the Korg in stereo?
The canditates are Focusrite 2i2 or Behringer 404 but I have no experience with either.
I’m wondering if anyone out there has experience recording their Korg pa4x.
Kind regards,
Johnmak
Minneapolis Musician

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PA4x stereo outputs will go into the audio interface inputs.

Then the software on your computer can "hear" the PA4x and record it.

If you want to play along with her and be recorded as well, live, you need an audio interface that accepts more than two inputs, because your instrument will have to be recorded as well.

If you just have two inputs, you would have to overdub your parts later, using the inputs for your instrument.

PA4x harmonies, Beach Boys song: https://youtu.be/3drsnU6j8Po?t=3m25s

All songs: http://www.reverbnation.com/GlennGalen
Snoopy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Johnmak,

if the microphone of your daughter is plugged into the PA4X´s microphone-jack it will be recorded together with the PA4X with the built-in mp3-record-function Wink

PA4X MUSIKANT, OS 3.1.0, PKG-Version
Johnmak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Minneapolis Musician and Snoopy,
Many thanks for your replies. It has cleared up some confusion I had.
Namely, I will need more than 2 inputs on the audio interface to record my daughter playing the Korg in stereo and my bass at the same time and from Snoopy, the mic plugged into the Korg will be recorded along with the keyboard.

Many thanks guys. Much appreciated.
Johnmak
Bill1983

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Record pa4x to computer. Reply with quote

Johnmak wrote:
Dear Forum,
I am considering buying an audio interface so I can record my daughter singing and playing the pa4x. I will play the bass and guitar tracks.
I’ve never used an audio interface but I would like to know if and how I can record the Korg in stereo?
The canditates are Focusrite 2i2 or Behringer 404 but I have no experience with either.
Kind regards,
Johnmak

I have the Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 Gen 2 and strongly recommended it. I use it fully integrated into my DAW & PA4X. I even routed the Focusrite outputs into my PA4X Inputs for easier mix control and it is dead/flat quiet. I love the Focusrite!
PA4x, PA500, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 MK2, Sonar Platinum, Ableton Live 10 Standard, NI Komplete12 Ultimate, EWQL Libraries, Nektar Impact LX88, Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 Gen2, Studiologic MP-117 Pedalboard
Bill1983

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Record pa4x to computer. Reply with quote

Johnmak wrote:
Dear Forum,
Kind regards,
Johnmak

I have the Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 Gen 2 and strongly recommended it. I use it fully integrated into my DAW & PA4X. I even routed the Focusrite outputs into my PA4X Inputs for easier mix control and it is dead/flat quiet. I love the Focusrite!
PA4x, PA500, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 MK2, Sonar Platinum, Ableton Live 10 Standard, NI Komplete12 Ultimate, EWQL Libraries, Nektar Impact LX88, Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 Gen2, Studiologic MP-117 Pedalboard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: