Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any RUMORS of new Korg arranger (Pa5X?) in the near future?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pawlikp100 wrote:
Bachus wrote:

Also today we learned that from 30 June, all Yamaha Genos expansions will be available for free download..

Is that information confirmed? Any proof?

Yes, it was confirmed by Yamaha customer service
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Quote:
Also today we learned that from 30 June, all Yamaha Genos expansions will be available for free download.

So, first a joystick, then a touch screen and now free expansions - they must be paying attention to what Korg has had and done for many years.... Confused
Maybe they'll update the old "Tyros" OS soon - THEN I'll be interested!! Very Happy

They are paying attention to Korg..
You forgot to mention OS updates with actual new features..

In general they always had some kind of offer or action when Korg announced a new keyboard..
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Quote:
Also today we learned that from 30 June, all Yamaha Genos expansions will be available for free download.

So, first a joystick, then a touch screen and now free expansions - they must be paying attention to what Korg has had and done for many years.... Confused
Maybe they'll update the old "Tyros" OS soon - THEN I'll be interested!! Very Happy

Now if only it was a two way street and Korg paid attention to 256 voice polyphony, 28 insert effects, 8 section Chord Sequencer and Ensemble Mode..!
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You forgot to mention OS updates with actual new features..

+1 ....we are lucky indeed - as long as Korg maintain their future arrangers conducive to performing & recording and the sensible and logical OS.

All the wish-lists are great (polyphony, FX etc) and will be nice to have. Yam have yet to reach the quality of OS design level and style structures of Korg.

PA5X - do we know that this will be its name?
Genos 2 will have to considerably up its game......but how great would it be to have these at a matching level - equal competitors - that would push progress through the roof.

Very Happy Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tbh, Korg haven’t added anything for the last two models that I would take in preference to a boatload of insert effects and a multipart chord sequencer.

You want something that radically changes the overall sound? Enough inserts to be able to effect all style AND keyboard voices is probably the one thing that will achieve that...

Korg will definitely have an uphill battle making us migrate from the very capable PA4X without something pretty earth shattering on the next model. As we have talked about before, the current model just seems so ‘end of line’.
Keymn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with a pa1000 since it is half the price of Pa4x and many of the features. Still have a PA3x and it is still in use on gigs.
New model won’t phase me, but interested in software that is compliant with the Korg arrangers.
I think a Virtual keyboard will be on the horizon!
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait for it, wait for it! Anticipation is half the fun... So I've been told
(Quote from Phil Collins)

But in all seriousness i tend to agree with Korghelper...to shift me also from the PA4X I would need to see Somthing pretty earth shattering... and of course still retaining the best of PA4X but with a lot more horsepower which would help achieve much of what (repeat) has has been discussed before in and around this forum...time will tell.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like my assumptions where all wrong

https://youtu.be/GjcHRLkcqFo

Korg is doing a livestream on the pa4x and all it has to offer on 15. July 2020..

Which would indicate, the pa4x is still going strong for Korg?
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next year ?

Maybe even 2022 ?

(A) Perhaps a departure from new model time line refresh rates might indicate a greater development behind the scenes ?

(B) Or could it be the new trend with longer production runs of product which include more software updates ?

(C) Or was (B) the plan from the start with PA4X to keep sales interest strong while (A) is taking place ?

All speculation of course...........
ikspeel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2022 is realistic
Whit the coronavirus its hard to bring out new stuff
Keymn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What feature impressed with Pa4x/pa700/pa1000 is the ability to add styles with the usb direct.

I am looking forward to Bluetooth LE built in to connect to iPad. A feature in (think Havalin?) pianos and I know the Roland GoKey/piano has. Been using this feature with my iPad since the PA1x, but have To use Bluetooth over midi hardware externally. Like Yamaha ud-Bt01, md-bt01...Quicco mi.1 which was my first one. Now CME is releasing a Widi Master in July...say it does not need pad or pc to connect...?
https://www.cme-pro.com/product/widi-master/

I use this hardware to control my Korg pa with iPad...especially The songbook with SongBook Plus. A good way to concentrate on performing and less on the Korg controls and screen which I no longer monitor. For years the monitor/monitor size meant nothing when performing.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ikspeel wrote:
2022 is realistic
Whit the coronavirus its hard to bring out new stuff

Not really...

You just need to rephrase your add campaign around the internet instead of tradeshows..

Companies need to get new products out or they will go out of buiseness
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With PA4X and Kronos both due replacements imminently could Korg follow Rolands latest approach where Rolands unifying technology allow ZEN-Core sounds to be shared between different Roland hardware—and even between hardware and software?......
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are screwed if Korg follow Roland's approach...

They have basically stopped developing arrangers..!
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korghelper wrote:
You are screwed if Korg follow Roland's approach...

They have basically stopped developing arrangers..!

No clue what Korg is doing with their topmodels... the Kronos is ancient by now... pa4x is amost 5 years now? Vennerable at best?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 9 of 13

Jump to: