Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Delete songs from internal seaqencer on my korg kronos x 88

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ivarbalade

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject: Delete songs from internal seaqencer on my korg kronos x 88 Reply with quote

Where in seaqencer mode i see to delete my song from the hardrive? cant figure it out where to take action? thanks for help urgent issue...

Ivarbalade Norway
pete.m

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am assuming that you have compiled a folder of songs, and just want to delete one of them...

In sequencer mode, go to the song you want to delete, click the right hand top corner button to open up the menu and click 'initialise song'. This deletes the song, and you then back up your song folder in the normal way using disk mode.

Alternatively, open up the list of your songs in 'disk mode', click on utility at the bottom of the screen, open up the utility menu in the top right hand corner, highlight that song and delete it. Back your song folder up in the usual way afterwards.
pete.m

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slight amendment to my previous post...I got my alternative method (the one in disk mode) wrong.
In disk mode, you can't delete an individual song - you have to delete the whole folder, so the sequencer mode method is the one to go for first. Sorry for the confusion!
gdfclub

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:45 am    Post subject: Delete a Song from SEQ? Yes you can, but... Reply with quote

In the solution explained above, from disk mode you no longer see the songs that have been initialized, but when you load the .sng file, they are loaded, leaving empty "placeholder songs" that are never removed. This is disgusting.

So, well, how do I delete a song from the sequencer?
Answer: you can't do that.
Isn't that the stupidest thing in the world?
But yet..

However, there is a workaround. Slow and stupid and frustrating, but there is:

First off, start up the keyboard (so that the sequencer is initialized).

- In DISK mode, select the .SNG file that contains the track / tracks you want to delete;

- Click on Open;

- Select the "Multiple selection" checkbox;

- Select all the songs one by one EXCEPT those you intend to delete;

- Load them into the Sequencer by clicking "Load" (clic yes on every stupid window message that appears for every single stupid song);

- Save the new Sequencer with the desired name;

- Delete the old .SNG file if we don't care anymore
We only use 10% of our google
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is easier just to load the Song file, then initialize the Sequences you want to delete. Then go back to disk mode and save the Song file. The songs you don’t want are now deleted from the file.
gdfclub

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danmusician wrote:
I think it is easier just to load the Song file, then initialize the Sequences you want to delete. Then go back to disk mode and save the Song file. The songs you don’t want are now deleted from the file.

I don't know if I'm missing something or if my korg has an outdated operating system (KRONOS 3.0.4).
However, following your method, danmusician, what happens in my Kronos is this: once you have deleted (initialized) the songs you no longer wanted and saved the file, when you later load the * .SNG file again you will continue to see in the sequencer old songs initialized as "placeholders". If, on the other hand, you want a clean and tidy situation, I'm afraid the only way is what I wrote.

Instead, I wonder if it works well for you, in the sense that once you have reloaded * .SNG, the remaining songs have settled in place and have not left any space between them.
We only use 10% of our google
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: