Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The tuning issues need a fix - and communication from Korg!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jettset

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I was going to buy the 16 voice version. However, after reading the posts, I will be waiting it out.
Skully

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject: Korg Prologue 16 Voice Tuning Instability on E and F Keys Reply with quote

Hi Posted a video of Tuning Issue
Sounds are Default with zero Osc offset
Tested with one OSC at a time Pulse wave

My issue is prominent with the low E and F key but one can see on the higher registers they are slightly off as well?
Funny its more prominent with OSC1 than with OSC2

https://youtu.be/2eAV0jCrsKk

Rgds
Skully
Synthee

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First official statement from Korg:
https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/9r1gzs/official_korg_statement_on_prologue_tuning/
NickZoll

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, i hope this is true
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad they finally did what was urgently required since many months! They did it exteremely late, but still better than never.

What I definitely DO appreciate, is how concrete the announcement is:
a) naming a software fix (and they wouldn's say that, if they wouldn't belive they can stabilize the tuning that way, no matter if it was hard- or software-related in the first place)
b) of a concrete estimated time horizon (by the end of 2018)

All in all, this finally gives buyers of the Prologue some clue, around when they will be able to use their synths in a proper way, for live play and recording. That was urgently needed, and the issue adressed is neither minor nor neglectable, but essentially one making the Prologue more or less unuseable.

One question: Reddit is no Korg news.
Where did Korg make this official statement? I don't find it on Korg.com.
Synthee

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
I'm glad they finally did what was urgently required since many months! They did it exteremely late, but still better than never.

What I definitely DO appreciate, is how concrete the announcement is:
a) naming a software fix (and they wouldn's say that, if they wouldn't belive they can stabilize the tuning that way, no matter if it was hard- or software-related in the first place)
b) of a concrete estimated time horizon (by the end of 2018)

All in all, this finally gives buyers of the Prologue some clue, around when they will be able to use their synths in a proper way, for live play and recording. That was urgently needed, and the issue adressed is neither minor nor neglectable, but essentially one making the Prologue more or less unuseable.

One question: Reddit is no Korg news.
Where did Korg make this official statement? I don't find it on Korg.com.

Yes, its strange, but as I understand the statement was only on Reddit. A site I normally never visit. This time only because someone posted a link to it.
NickZoll

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it will be on korg's website only when they release os update with the fix.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZoll wrote:
I think it will be on korg's website only when they release os update with the fix.

They can do what they like, but as a paying customer I will never accept this kind of misbehavior.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
NickZoll wrote:

They can do what they like, but as a paying customer I will never accept this kind of misbehavior.

I have been following the Prologue defect problem since I am a long time Korg customer and faithful follower.

If this is Korg idea of ' communication ', for a $1500-$2000 keyboard, I find there communicate effort to be falling way short.

Forcing good loyal customers to hunt and peck and fish around the Internet is not what I would put my customers thru speaking as a business owner.

Maybe Korg President needs better advice how to proceed when the company
has defect problem with an expensive new product.

And the time to update customers with a plan of action, is Day 1. Not Day 60.
Or not Whenever/whatever. The communication effort should be stronger.
NickZoll

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
NickZoll wrote:

I do not ask you to accept this.
I am just telling this is likely to be.
I have never seen them posting on the official web page anything related to any issue rather information about an update and what kind of bugs it fixes.
I have 10 years of experience being their customer (not that much you say but this is third part of my life) and these are my observations.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick, that was not aimed at you in any way!

All I want to say is: a company keeping silence for 5-6 months now about heavy user problems with a whole batch of new gear, to a degree making a lot, or most of it, more or less unuseable, can't seriously expect to keep their trustful customer base. Simple as that.

And I don't care one bit, if they have some misbehaving habit, of doing that within a company code of irresponsible behavior, or not. I for one have seen MUCH better behavior from Korg in former times, for example in dealing with Kronos problems.
NickZoll

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they could have started digging into the issue since very early reposts but in a lazy way. Why? Because many of us did not notice the issue. I think I have my prologue 16 since mid May and it had some severe tuning issue. After update i was so happy it worked well just did not pay attention to eff thing because it was so small comparing to the previous issue and probably I was more scrolling presets, creating my pathces, reading manual basically exploring the device. I assume you post was the first that gave me some concerns, was it in July? I tested my prologue found the same issue and sent email to korg support us right away. It was too late for my returning window but I still felt confident cause registered my prologue online for extra 2 years of warranty. I bet that time still many people did not believe there was the issue, some of them did not want and some did not test their units properly. So with time Korg started having more and more emails about the issue. Lets say i believe 2-4 months they could not estimate the issue properly. I am not trying to cover them, just trying to hypothesize. Still prologue is a unique sounding synth and I love it, i am upset by Korg’s actions however the last statement gave me some hope. I do not really see any alternative for prologue, had some experiense with DSI, they are ok not more, i don’t like rev2 at all, boring stepy filter, ob6 is great but I am not a synthwave or 80s pop player, the same about p6. P12, peak... where are analog oscillators? The list can go on and on. I am not a rich guy and not a collector, sold minibrute, drumbrute, system1, karp oddy, tb3 to invest prologue, i needed a power horse so i think I made my choice wisely exploring the market for months. I am producing electro-industrial and have been using korg’s vpm oscillators for a decade (korg r3, emx, radias, e2) and it was a great idea to get them going through analog chain, obviously I use analog oscs as well. I hope Korg guys despite their failure in communication will fix my beloved prologue and I will start recoding chords properly but not as I do it now sampling and pitch bending. I just do not want to go back to radias, I’d rather think of digitone+analog four from elektron to pair them with my octa, but this is not a straight forward approach.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All is well, Nick, and thanks for your explanation.

I love my Prophet 6 for it's flexibility (which is not obvious from the factory patches, but covering lots of ground from classical poly sounds and funk & r&b stuff up to some modern styles when exploring it), but like you I bought the Prologue for fitting especially well into actual styles (future bass etc.), despite the very limited mod matrix.

Now at least I can do some midi recording with Prologue patches, trusting it will not be in vain, and then render that to audio later, after a fix, hopefully soon. Still, that Korg experience has really unnerved me, and used up much too much time and effort for nothing...
NickZoll

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concerning mod matrix, that is quite weird they took the decision to discard step sequencer and go for only one lfo affuming how powerful the engine is, but it is not an issue for me at all since I control prologue from my octa that has 3 lfos and p-lock feature. You can kind of make parameter sequence locked to tempo while playing prologue live, the same thing as it was on r3 and radias.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never thought of controlling Prologue sequences from my Analog Rytm Mk 2, as long as I have no easy recording overview with Overbridge (still missing after being 8 months overdue). I'll have a second look soon as Overbridge arrvives (maybe next year) and I get some time for doing so.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Prologue All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: