Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Headphones

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobb

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:54 am    Post subject: Headphones Reply with quote

Having now successfully connected my B&O 6000 speakers using new better quality leads (thanks for advice) I am wondering if there is a more elegant way of disabling them every time I use headphones rather than turning off the power supply?
Thanks
Bob
bobb

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a possible solution?
WhenI was using a PaAS it was disabled as soon as I plugged in my headphones but this is not the case with my new speakers....

Grateful for advice
Thanks
Bob
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps put a small passive volume control unit between your sound system and the PA4X... this can then sit on top of the keyboad for easy access... a search on Google will pull-up many options where you take your pick... hope that helps ?
bobb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for your reply. I was hoping that there was an option within Global but obviously not.
I’ll look at the volume controls as you suggest.
Thanks
Bob
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not by my PA4X at the moment to try this for you... but Page 500 in the manual may help you to explore switching the audio outputs to see if this can give the desired effect you won't??... but just before you do go the passive volume route.. do you have a remote control for the B&O system? if so why not use the mute function ?....
bobb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Thanks for this. , I have just tried the Audio out functions - no go , but your idea about a possible B&O remote control unit is very interesting, i’ll Investigate this before launching into a volume control unit.
Bob
PS I’m guessing that your pro set up routes the KB outputs through a mixer allowing you to mute your speakers when using headphones?
bobb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Thanks for this. , I have just tried the Audio out functions - no go , but your idea about a possible B&O remote control unit is very interesting, i’ll Investigate this before launching into a volume control unit.
Bob
PS I’m guessing that your pro set up routes the KB outputs through a mixer allowing you to mute your speakers when using headphones?
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few option bob with headphone use in my set up.. if I use the end of the audio chain headphone output from the Munro Egg Monitor head unit (which has the amplification and crossovers + headphone amp built inside it) much like a conventional home amplifier the sound cuts out when the jack is inserted or if i step back one in the audio chain and use the Tascam DA-3000 audio recorder with its built in headphone amp i then have to mute the Monro Monitors but i do not use the PA4x headphone output as i would not here the processed sound from my auido outboard gear + the MAXX AUDIO in the PA4X is tuned in conjution with this set up so the PA4X headphone output for me would not sound very good and the main mixer is the first outboard in my audio chain so no muting from there as this feeds the rest of my set up with audio from my keyboards and sound modules....
bobb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!
B
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: