Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MIDI render to WAV in Reaper? - Korg Kross 2 VST plug-in

View previous topic :: View next topic  
randomusician

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject: MIDI render to WAV in Reaper? - Korg Kross 2 VST plug-in Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I recently purchased my first ever keyboard to use with my computer for composition. I'm a classical pianist, but when it comes to this stuff, I'm a total rookie!

I got it to work as a controller so I could input MIDI data more easily with it, but when it comes to actually rendering that MIDI into WAV so I can export the whole song I only get a silent track.

I read around that with other VSTs, the conversion is done internally and in fact works, but when it comes to using the sounds from an external synth problems appear.

I read that maybe plugging in the line audio for output works, but I only have a laptop and it doesn't have a standard audio jack the size of the Korg, I can only use it via USB.

So my question is, can I somehow tweak some settings so I can render in Reaper a MIDI item to WAV for further editing with a sound from the Kross 2 with just a USB cable?

Thanks in advance for any support.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome

Are you seeing anything in the Reaper project?
randomusician

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I uploaded some screenshots to imgur:

https://imgur.com/a/VzRwcEW

1. I have a MIDI melody in one track.

2. The VST is set to Korg Kross Plug-in Editor and the sound I want for that melody is Tinkle Bells. When clicking play, it sounds how it should.

3. I want to make another MIDI item for another part of the song, but first I'd like to transform the finished one to WAV in order to be able to use the Korg VST plug-in again with the second track (it doesn't let you to apply it to two tracks at a time). So I click on render MIDI to WAV.

4. As you can see, the resulting WAV is silent. How can I fix this? Why when I click play it sounds how it should but when I render the MIDI it doesn't output anything to the WAV?

I'm stuck until I figure this out. Confused

EDIT: So apparently I can't change the volume or pan of the track in Reaper either. It looks as if for whatever reason what sounds doesn't transfer to the actual Track 1 of the project and can't be edited.

The "link track volume/pan to all MIDI channels" doesn't work either.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cannot help much in Reaper as I do not use it.

In Cakewalk producing a WAV that my Kross 2 will play takes some tweaking of the settings, this may be your problem.
randomusician

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see. Thank you anyway for your time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: