Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg PA1000 - record mp3 and metronome
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shandera

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Apparently difficulties with translation.
Last try. I write down mp3 on Micro SD. As in the instruction page 364. Why is the metronome sound recorded? It should not be recorded in this case. There is no information in this manual!

Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Shandera
You need to work better on translation.
Make sure You understand word Everything
Pa1000 User Manual on Page 366 wrote:
What can you record into an MP3 Song?
Everything you sing or play on the keyboard or a guitar, the Styles and the
MIDI or MP3 Songs performed by the Players, the events generated by the
KAOSS effects, will be recorded.

Everything you play means everything, ...including playing metronome. Wink
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject: Better get a Yamaha - thats an solution? Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:
It Is What It Is, and now you have to decide if you can leave with this or not.

This really is the worst comment in this thread - it does not help, it is not a solution, but it only shows the obedience of a non-critical consumer who, adapted to a producer's advertisement, will acclaim all product defects as novelty and especially powerful. Absolutely useless - do you want to help for Korgs mistakes or to you want to help users at least to understand their problems with products from Korg? Maybe is no problem with Sanderas English, maybe you don't wanna understand.

Nemik wrote:
Is nothing wrong with Pa1000, is how is design
Says the advertisement? There is something wrong with Pa1000, is how is designed - talking about Metronme it IS JUST BADLY DESIGNED, because in predecessor (look to Pa800 !) you had a separate menue "Global / Audio / Metronome". But this now has disappeared like some other useful features, which unfortunately are painfully missing in these "professional" devices, in case one still would need them.

It also is not true that pro musicians do not use Metronomes for performing. With Pa800 there menue "Global / Audio / Metronome" was made for these group, like ClickOut - for example if you're playing with a live-drummer, you could put the metronome on Out 1 or 2 so that only the drummer could hear that signal, but not your audience.

That was an intelligent solution and there we had some parameters for individual settings (Volume, ClickOut, ModeParameter). ModeParameter you could set to Off / Style / Song or Song+Style, to select what group you would allow to enable metronome for Style Play and / or Song Play mode

The new - or missing - settings are a shame - so useless, you can not publish any idea here except to use a Yamaha keyboard instead of a Korg Pa keyboard? No, that's not a solution - better Korg should finally remember and at least complement those features in updates of current Pa-Series-OS.
We already had useful features with the previous models, we also need them again in current and successor models - the recommendations to get a Yamaha is bad and also to doubt, no producer would add an extra audio module for metronome. Is not necessary, simply Korg should add to its OS what was taken away or forgotten.

Above all, we need no teachings here, which features are used or needed by simple amateur musicians and those by professionals - these classifications for solving application problems are to be strictly rejected.

Better to help anyone here who expects help here instead of advertising slogans or manslaughter arguments. Maybe your english is bad, love it or leave it, is what it is etc ..... such remarks are dispensable here and just annoying - interest is becoming less and less to make comments here often, because that happens here again and again - why?

Ok - it is a Korg Forum, but it would be nice, you would still be factual - instead it seems someone get paid for Hallelujah and gratuitous praise.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de

Last edited by siebenhirter on Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shandera wrote:
Biggles wrote:
Hey here is a radical idea

Turn off the metronome on your Korg

Install a metronome App on your mobile phone and use that.

I just want to understand. Is there a problem at all of the Korg PA1000-700? Or only me Then I'll go and exchange the tool. But for some reason on this forum, the owners of PA1000-700 can not answer me. Do you have the same? Or do I have a marriage?

I have a 700 and recording works just fine.

Watch the official Korg Video Manual tutorials on Youtube to learn how.
Shandera

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:

I have a 700 and recording works just fine.

Watch the official Korg Video Manual tutorials on Youtube to learn how.

If you write MP3 to SD and turn on the metronome, it is not recorded? So I have a Marriage! Thank you! I will complain!

Siebenhirter, thank you for your support and understanding!
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:12 pm    Post subject: Pa1000-Metronom for MP3 - that would be a solution? Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
.. turn off the metronome on your Korg ..
install a metronome App on your mobile phone and use that ..

Do you really think it is a good idea, to turn off features of your instrument in case they does not work as expected?
And again, do you really think to use an external app or mobile phone instead a simple function we already had in previous serie?
Creating a MP3 recording using the metronome is complicated with Pa1000 because it is not possible to easy record an MP3 like an SMF using an audible metronome without the metronome being audible during playback.

The manual describes on page 336 "Recording: Press the METRO button to turn the metronome on or off while recording. The metronome click will not be recorded with the Song". That is not true and described badly, because that only applies to SMF recording but not for MP3 recordings.

That the metronome is recorded during MP3 and so is audible during playback is a bad solution. In case we want to use metronome für MP3-recording the need of a multi-stage recording (first SMF with metronome, then MP3 without metronome) is also very cumbersome for such a simple task.
I prefer Korg should try to update the feature metronome in next OS, to be able recording MP3-songs with audible metronome but without recording that metronome-signal.

Please support this wish without bizarre or radical ideas or threadbare arguments - we need solutions instead nonsensical blockades.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa1000-Metronom for MP3 - that would be a solution? Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
Biggles wrote:
.. turn off the metronome on your Korg ..
install a metronome App on your mobile phone and use that ..

Do you really think it is a good idea, to turn off features of your instrument in case they does not work as expected?
And again, do you really think to use an external app or mobile phone instead a simple function we already had in previous serie?
Creating a MP3 recording using the metronome is complicated with Pa1000 because it is not possible to easy record an MP3 like an SMF using an audible metronome without the metronome being audible during playback.

The manual describes on page 336 "Recording: Press the METRO button to turn the metronome on or off while recording. The metronome click will not be recorded with the Song". That is not true and described badly, because that only applies to SMF recording but not for MP3 recordings.

That the metronome is recorded during MP3 and so is audible during playback is a bad solution. In case we want to use metronome für MP3-recording the need of a multi-stage recording (first SMF with metronome, then MP3 without metronome) is also very cumbersome for such a simple task.
I prefer Korg should try to update the feature metronome in next OS, to be able recording MP3-songs with audible metronome but without recording that metronome-signal.

Please support this wish without bizarre or radical ideas or threadbare arguments - we need solutions instead nonsensical blockades.

Its a workaround.

Moaning on this forum will do nothing.

If you or anyone else has a problem raise it directly with Korg
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa1000-Metronom for MP3 - that would be a solution? Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
.. Its a workaround. Moaning on this forum will do nothing. If you or anyone else has a problem raise it directly with Korg

Your senseless and overbearing comments are even less than helpful and dispensable. That one can communicate directly with Korg requires no hints.

It really is no good idea, to turn off features of your instrument in case they does not work again as expected. It also is no good idea to recommend furthermore external apps or mobile phones instead simple functions we already had in previous Pa-Serie.

Biggles wrote:
Cossie69 wrote:
... midi file be imported to extract the chord progression ...
.. Google .. Korg Video Manual .. all your questions are also answered in the Manual ..
... and just as useless are your arrogant answers that all questions about all operations would be answered in VideoManuals and tutorials. If that would happen, the forum would have no authority to exist as workaround.

Shandera

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

siebenhirter
Thank you very much for your support.
You are all right.
I bought an expensive tool and believe that it should work well!
And support from the Corg in Russia, is almost completely absent.
Very sorry!

Biggles
Wrote in support of Korg USA.
They said that Russia has its own support for the Korg.
Given the address, it turned out that this does not exist.
As far as I know, this is the official forum Korg. Why do not the representatives look at it? Why is this not respect for the client?
alfredokiwi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best solution workaround is to buy a pocket cheap metronome they cost only 10 dollars and in the case of recording with headphones a passive mixer circuit using resistors on jack plug to mix Pa1000 and metronome enables the hearing of the external metronome only on headphones. Also an external mixer can do the job but complicates the setup.

Another way is to use the drum track as metronome this is the way in my case for playing and the best for tempo training. I don´t know if the song can be recorded first on the sequencer and then turning of the drum track before exporting the song to mp3.

www.facebook.com/alfredokiwi

www.alfredoblogspage.blogspot.com.ar
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: Pa1000-Metronom for MP3 - that would be a solution? Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
Biggles wrote:
.. Its a workaround. Moaning on this forum will do nothing. If you or anyone else has a problem raise it directly with Korg

Your senseless and overbearing comments are even less than helpful and dispensable. That one can communicate directly with Korg requires no hints.

It really is no good idea, to turn off features of your instrument in case they does not work again as expected. It also is no good idea to recommend furthermore external apps or mobile phones instead simple functions we already had in previous Pa-Serie.

Biggles wrote:
Cossie69 wrote:
... midi file be imported to extract the chord progression ...
.. Google .. Korg Video Manual .. all your questions are also answered in the Manual ..
... and just as useless are your arrogant answers that all questions about all operations would be answered in VideoManuals and tutorials. If that would happen, the forum would have no authority to exist as workaround.

If something does not work as one would wish if solutions are offered then that is great for the poster.

Both me and another poster have offered a workable solution

As I said moaning here about features does nothing, moan at Korg, simply and briefly stating a problem brings it to the attention of users

Your attack on me is unwarranted, crawl back under your rock.
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Better get a Yamaha - thats an solution? Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
There is something wrong with Pa1000, is how is designed - talking about Metronme it IS JUST BADLY DESIGNED, because in predecessor (look to Pa800 !) you had a separate menue "Global / Audio / Metronome". But this now has disappeared like some other useful features, which unfortunately are painfully missing in these "professional" devices, in case one still would need them.

If i am not mistaken there are NO separate outputs on pa700/1000 like pa800 had so where should the metronome be output to even if the menu existed?

Pa800 was a 61key pa2x ,not a cut down version..It had exactly the same core hardware ,exactly the same software, was able to get exactly the same expansions etc..The only different things were the mp3 card which was pre installed on 2x and the ram which was 64 by default on pa800 and 128 on pa2x (later unlocked to 256 for both of them cause they were the same instrument).
Same for pa3x 61 which had no tilt mechanism for the screen and no HDD like the 76 keys... and pa4x...
Now pa700/1000 is like pa600/900 and like pa500 , they are cut down versions (less features, less outputs, etc. and of course lower price than flagship models)...
The mp3 recorder on all pa series till now is tied to the main L/R outputs which feed the internal amplifier and headphones too in hardware and not in software...So whatever can be heard from the output (either line or headphones or internal speakers) will be recorded to the mp3 file.
Think of it like you have connected a recorder to the main outputs of any instrument..It is the same but you have it on board..
Is it a bad design? For some people maybe yes, for others ,including me, no..
Even on pa800 that you referred to , you couldn't hear the metronome from its speakers or main outs and record an mp3 (internally) without the metronome..Cause yes, the mp3 recorder records the main output of the instrument!!!

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@musiccankill, Biggles, alfredokiwi, Reuben and all others not involved in Topic

You 100% right.

Nothing is Perfect!!
Not even KORG (I wish was)
This forum is NOT Korg Customer Complain Service, is Independently create for people who share experience.
We are here to get solution, make things works, we not here to moaning and complain.
....but is few Users (sadly) who only trying troll and complain on all.
JUST IGNORE THEM, not wort it your time.
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:
@musiccankill, Biggles, alfredokiwi, Reuben and all others not involved in Topic

You 100% right.

Nothing is Perfect!!
Not even KORG (I wish was)
This forum is NOT Korg Customer Complain Service, is Independently create for people who share experience.
We are here to get solution, make things works, we not here to moaning and complain.
....but is few Users (sadly) who only trying troll and complain on all.
JUST IGNORE THEM, not wort it your time.

+1

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
Shandera

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:34 am    Post subject: Re: Better get a Yamaha - thats an solution? Reply with quote

musiccankill wrote:

If i am not mistaken there are NO separate outputs on pa700/1000 like pa800 had so where should the metronome be output to even if the menu existed?

Pa800 was a 61key pa2x ,not a cut down version..It had exactly the same core hardware ,exactly the same software, was able to get exactly the same expansions etc..The only different things were the mp3 card which was pre installed on 2x and the ram which was 64 by default on pa800 and 128 on pa2x (later unlocked to 256 for both of them cause they were the same instrument).
Same for pa3x 61 which had no tilt mechanism for the screen and no HDD like the 76 keys... and pa4x...
Now pa700/1000 is like pa600/900 and like pa500 , they are cut down versions (less features, less outputs, etc. and of course lower price than flagship models)...
The mp3 recorder on all pa series till now is tied to the main L/R outputs which feed the internal amplifier and headphones too in hardware and not in software...So whatever can be heard from the output (either line or headphones or internal speakers) will be recorded to the mp3 file.
Think of it like you have connected a recorder to the main outputs of any instrument..It is the same but you have it on board..
Is it a bad design? For some people maybe yes, for others ,including me, no..
Even on pa800 that you referred to , you couldn't hear the metronome from its speakers or main outs and record an mp3 (internally) without the metronome..Cause yes, the mp3 recorder records the main output of the instrument!!!

Finally, I heard the answer that this is not a marriage! Thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: