Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Turning on Harmony
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve350

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:58 pm    Post subject: Turning on Harmony Reply with quote

Is there a way to set up a foot switch that will turn on the harmony as long as you keep your pedal down; then when you release the pedal the harmony turns off. I guess what I am explaining is a momentary mode vs. a latch mode.

If so, how do you do it? Thank you.
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject: Assigning a function to the pedal/footswitch Reply with quote

Assigning a function to the pedal/footswitch
You can connect a footswitch or expression pedal to the PEDAL > ASSIGNABLE connector on the back of the instrument. Depending on the connected type of pedal, you will choose a suitable function.

Program the pedal/footswitch
1 Connect the pedal or footswitch to the PEDAL > ASSIGNABLE connector.
2 Go to the Global > Controllers > Foot page.
3 Use the Function pop-up menu to choose a control function.

Then Pick Mic Harmony on/off
steve350

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help but I already have it set to turn the harmony on and off. What I need is a MOMENTARY command not a latch. So when I press down on my pedal Harmony turns on, when I release the pedal the Harmony turns off.
For some reason I don't believe this can be done on this keyboard.
Thanks again.
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I think I was wrong you need to change global control ...
Pedal / Footswitch .. I said Mic Harmony on/off it should be Mic Harmony Level..
\

to

Mic harmony Level

and if this doesn't work I will send you my set up and you can load it in and you will see what I changed but of course always back up before you do this.. But try that first it's Mike harmony level.. I use a regular sustained panel in my assignable connector...
steve350

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried it and it doesn't even turn the Harmony on or off now. I tried 2 pedals. My Flex Signal un-latched momentary pedal and then a regular sustain pedal and get the same results. This is with the Harmony Level setting.
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like you've done everything right. I do not have my PA 3X anymore, but my PA 1000 and my PA4x are set the same and it works fine for me I can use a regular sustained pedal on it. Does the assignable plug work all the other functions as an example you can tell it to change styles or two change sounds, next I would do a full backup of all my stuff, and reformat my keyboard to factory standards and try it....
Or someone else that owns a pa3x could try this for you.
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is not possible to do momentary mode on pa3x (not even sure it newer models can do it).
you can do it with a bit of electronics (send the push 2 times , one when pushed and one when stops getting pushed) but there is no ready circuit for it , you have to create it (either hardware (gates) or software (programming an mcu))...

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at the two video I did and if you set up your pa3x like this it has to work , I did this on my pa3x and my pa800 .and pa1000 and pa4x ,, so take a look , and let us know ..

http://www.mediafire.com/file/912ia48bcslecq5/Pa4x.rar/file

http://www.mediafire.com/file/oz24jk0qbcgdss4/Pa1000.rar/file

You can do it Smile
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow nice!
I never knew this was able to be done!!
I ll search for it when i ll be near my pa3x (in a week aprox) and i will update here with the settings if they haven't been already written !

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
steve350

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thanks for posting the 2 video files but my computer will not play them.
Can you explain how you get a momentary switch to just turn on the harmony when pressed and turn it off when released. I own a VoiceLive 3 and I can do it on that. But that box is a pain in the ass and the Harmonies send just as good on my Pa3x and much easier. Thanks.
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve350
your computer the video is mp4 you use a free progam from the Web and change them to mp3 if that help..
or use someone else computer to look at them ..
steve350

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My computer can play MP4's. The problem is the 2 files have the extention rar.
Which I believe is a compressed file that needs to be extracted. That's where I am having a problem. I can't extract either of the files. Thank you.
steve350

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I was able to watch the video. I set up the Mic Harmony/Double level to my momentary switch and nothing. The Harmony would not even turn on.
I tried my damper foot pedal and another Digitech momentary foot pedal and still no harmony on or off.

There must be some other setting that is preventing me from changing the Harmony On/Off setting to the Mic Harmony/Double setting in Global.
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RHThXGyCIs
look at this pa3x video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_9CA-DAjZk&list=RDo_9CA-DAjZk

You can download for free.. winrar...

Okay I will ask some basic questions that you probably already did but just to make sure on my end...
You would need to have the style play mode running playing some cords and then if you sing and push the harmony button on you should hear your voice and harmony..
If you have the style play mode not running then you would have no harmony no matter what. Unless you go under microphone and enable it, the video I did I was able to do harmony without the style play running and playing chords only because I have it set that way.
But back to you if you have the style play running and you play cords of any sort and turn the harmony button on and sing you should hear harmony and you need to remember there is a extra volume knob that turns the doubling up or the harmonies up on the left-hand side of the keyboard if that is turned down you will not hear's harmony. So that's turned up in your playing chords and singing in harmony button is turned on you should hear harmony if you don't.. As I said before backup all your stuff and do a reformat on upgrade again I reinstall everything. This way it'll all be factory original and it should work may be just maybe you've turned something on the global somewhere I don't know where to make it not work but I sure like to get my hands on that piano just to see for myself..

and watch this video..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_9CA-DAjZk&list=RDo_9CA-DAjZk
steve350

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all of your help and patience with this. I am using harmony only in Song Mode. I have many midi backing tracks I am playing and singing to.
I am very familiar with the Voice Processor settings. I am just using Close Up 3rd and for one song (Because by Dave Clarke) Close Below.
When I push on my foot pedal the Harmony button turns on and the Harmony follows my chords and provides the Close up 3rd.
I have to push the pedal once again to turn off the Harmony.
Like I said I've tried 3 different momentary foot pedals and changed the foot pedal controller to Harmony/Double Level like the video and nothing happens when I press my foot pedal, no harmony.
I would like to hear from anyone that is using the Pa3xPro and can get the Momentary switch to work. I think the person who sent me the videos was using 2 other models of keyboard. Maybe this just won't work on the Pa3x.
Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: