Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa4x/76 key and some problems with styles
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
coerrace

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject: Pa4x/76 key and some problems with styles Reply with quote

Hello. I hope someone can help me. I obtained some third party extra styles for my korg pa4x, 76 key version. Now, I load them pressing media, then my must memory card and then load. After a new style set is loaded, that set works perfectly all keys in keyboard are played and working, but if I want to try to select a factory style, it loads but the half left of the keyboard is died, in other words, it just work the keys from C middle key to the right, and from C middle key to left not work and not sound. However the new loaded third party style it works perfect, but destroys the factory styles.

Note I have installed the lates 2.2 OS directly from korg. Another note if I go to media, utility and restore from factory all, well that process makes work the factory styles, but the third party is vanished in the air.

Why happened this or could be avoided? Or is there a way to enable all keyboard keys in factory styles, when I load that third party styles and make both work without damage any of the both?

Last edited by coerrace on Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much do you know about the 3rd party styles?
Do you know how they were created? and on which keyboard?
Do the 3rd party SETs just contain styles? or do they contain other data (SOUNDs etc...)?

If your factory data still has protection "ON" then your factory styles/sounds should all work fine.

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
coerrace

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:34 pm    Post subject: Look Reply with quote

The guy he sold me told me that he has the same pa4x keyboard and has no problems. But is strange if I give a system restore all is fine, it’s just when I load that styles. If I use direct access, instead, not work also but with a reboot of the keyboard and disabling the direct access for that style works the keyboard again without any problem and without make factory restore.

And is supposed they have sounds because they are big a few sets together weight around 2 GB total.

What could be?
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely recommend you re-install the OS 2.0 and then 2.2.
Make sure you restore the factory data when doing that (it's in the OS update procedures manual)

If that doesn't work, your PA4X could have a fault.

Good luck

Pete Very Happy
coerrace

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:15 am    Post subject: Ok Reply with quote

Yes but everything is alright with the keyboard, just the problem begins if I install that specific set of styles. If I use other sets of styles there is no problem, they not kill the keyboard.

That’s why I asked if there is a wait to check that or maybe check the integrity of the styles, because when you use the ones that kill of the keyboard, all the styles jus to,ya the half right of the keyboard only.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems there is a problem with the styles. If you say that they work fine on that other guy's PA4X, then you need to replicate his PA4X to confirm - i.e. have the exact same OS level and GLOBAL settings.

Everything you have said so far seems to potentially point to:
a problem with the styles OR
a set up issue (GLOBAL etc...) OR
a problem with your keyboard OR

Have you re-installed the OS? At least eliminate that.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as a suggestion in your troubleshooting, check Global > Midi > Local Control by unchecking it.
Maybe when you load your set it overwrites some Global Midi features.

See screen shot:
Commercial Photography
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa4x/76 key and some problems with styles Reply with quote

coerrace wrote:
After a new style set is loaded, that set works perfectly all keys in keyboard are played and working, but if I want to try
to select a factory style, it loads but the half left of the keyboard is died, in other words, it just work the keys from C middle key to the right,
and from C middle key to left not work and not sound. However the new loaded third party style it works perfect, but destroys the factory styles.

This happens because you load the whole.SET (plus Global file) which probably has locked keyboard split & orientation of KBD SET settings
and not actually destroys factory resources , unless you load BKP file , so try either to restore factory / un-check all and check only "Global"
settings to be restored , nor make a factory restore , open this.SET and load all other files except "Global" file.

Since you had given 2 Gbs of custom samples resources , this means that at least 5 different sets are contained there with their own resources
that you have to load for each one SET !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
coerrace

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: Pa4x/76 key and some problems with styles Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
coerrace wrote:
After a new style set is loaded, that set works perfectly all keys in keyboard are played and working, but if I want to try
to select a factory style, it loads but the half left of the keyboard is died, in other words, it just work the keys from C middle key to the right,
and from C middle key to left not work and not sound. However the new loaded third party style it works perfect, but destroys the factory styles.

This happens because you load the whole.SET (plus Global file) which probably has locked keyboard split & orientation of KBD SET settings
and not actually destroys factory resources , unless you load BKP file , so try either to restore factory / un-check all and check only "Global"
settings to be restored , nor make a factory restore , open this.SET and load all other files except "Global" file.

Since you had given 2 Gbs of custom samples resources , this means that at least 5 different sets are contained there with their own resources
that you have to load for each one SET !

Sorry to ask, but I didn’t understand well what you mention.

Look, after load the .set file that makes the half of the keyboard stop working, then, I make a factory restore going to media, utility, factory reset and the keyboard full comes alive without any problem.

After load the .set and have a crash of half of the keyboard I go to factory restore like I mentioned before but with all checked and factory presets run pretty well. But mean after load a .set and have the crash, you suggest to restore and uncheck all except “global”, this will restore the keyboard as if I check all? I ask because with check all I don’t have any trouble to make it work, the problem it’s just when I load the .set.

Now, suppose I have the keyboard now working full keyboard no problem. How can I load the .set? You mention load all other files except “global” file. To load I just go to media then select my usb memory and select the .set and load. But I don’t see load and select or i select “global” file, where is that?

Thank you for answer.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no mentioned "crash of half of the keyboard" when loading a full set , only Global settings
(I guess locked split functions) that determine how splits behave"

Briefly do the following (and then you will study advanced manual for details).
- Do a factory restore as you already know.
- Select one set of those SETs in your USB media f.e. Custom1.SET
- Put USB stick in your PC/Mac , duplicate this SET and rename it as ModCustom1.SET
- Open folder "ModCustom1.SET" via your PC/Mac and delete folder "GLOBAL".
- Place USB thumb drive in your Pa4X USB slot and via MEDIA/LOAD/browse for ModCustom1.SET , select it and execute load.
- Now test both factory and custom resources and write us the results ...

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
coerrace

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
There is no mentioned "crash of half of the keyboard" when loading a full set , only Global settings
(I guess locked split functions) that determine how splits behave"

Briefly do the following (and then you will study advanced manual for details).
- Do a factory restore as you already know.
- Select one set of those SETs in your USB media f.e. Custom1.SET
- Put USB stick in your PC/Mac , duplicate this SET and rename it as ModCustom1.SET
- Open folder "ModCustom1.SET" via your PC/Mac and delete folder "GLOBAL".
- Place USB thumb drive in your Pa4X USB slot and via MEDIA/LOAD/browse for ModCustom1.SET , select it and execute load.
- Now test both factory and custom resources and write us the results ...

Wow you are magician it worked fully, both factory and styles presets. Thank you so much!

Now I have a question, what is for the directory “GLOBAL”, if you delete, one doesn’t destroy something important for the style to load? I just ask to know what is for that directory?

And for all the styles I have and for future style buys, I guess is healthy deleted that “GLOBAL” directory always or not?

Thank you
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just a matter of deep knowledge ... Wink
Global file has the overall Pa4X settings concerning keybed splits & locks among a lot of other functions that you have to study from manual.

What your SET developer did ?
He used specific KBD SET splits , he used a custom lower SOUND with samples in KDB SET that he liked , he saved it via "My Settings"
panel button and then he locked lower sound via Global settings and every time you restart Pa4X all 4 KBD SETs in every style
(custom or factory) are pointing to the same custom sound & split , which is an improper action for an experienced Pa sound developer ...

So you have to do the same proceedure (deleting GLOBAL) for all his custom ALL.SET since I don't know if any other issues are there
and next time trust experienced and known Pa developers from keyboards community due to purchase sounds & styles resources ...

coerrace

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject: Look Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
It's just a matter of deep knowledge ... Wink
Global file has the overall Pa4X settings concerning keybed splits & locks among a lot of other functions that you have to study from manual.

What your SET developer did ?
He used specific KBD SET splits , he used a custom lower SOUND with samples in KDB SET that he liked , he saved it via "My Settings"
panel button and then he locked lower sound via Global settings and every time you restart Pa4X all 4 KBD SETs in every style
(custom or factory) are pointing to the same custom sound & split , which is an improper action for an experienced Pa sound developer ...

So you have to do the same proceedure (deleting GLOBAL) for all his custom ALL.SET since I don't know if any other issues are there
and next time trust experienced and known Pa developers from keyboards community due to purchase sounds & styles resources ...

Look, all works like I said unless you go to styles and select and instrument. For example if I select the “Electric Piano”, the half left of the keyboard die, no matter if you make a factory reset and you don’t load any styles set. In other words, everything goes perfect until you press any instrument, like I said before. Including if I select any other factory preset keyboard left is not working. Note here Immade a factory reset and I’m not working with and loaded a 3rd party .set after made the factory reset.

If I turn of and then on the keyboard all keyboard works again.

I see this is part of the same problem what could be the problem?
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - now this does not sound good.
From your last message above I understand this:-
1. You performed a factory reset (did you also re-insall the OS 2.0 and 2.2?)
2. You did not load any external SET
3. In STYLE PLAY mode (I am assuming this is correct), when you select a SOUND the left side doesn't play
4. You are only selecting/using factory data - STYLE/SOUND/KEYBOARD-SET

Can you confirm please:-
1. You have installed OS 2.2 with factory restore
2. What mode you are in (STYLE PLAY, SOUND ???etc)
3. You are selecting an UPPER 1 sound??
4. Does the dead side of your keyboard exactly match your split point??

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
coerrace

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
OK - now this does not sound good.
From your last message above I understand this:-
1. You performed a factory reset (did you also re-insall the OS 2.0 and 2.2?)
2. You did not load any external SET
3. In STYLE PLAY mode (I am assuming this is correct), when you select a SOUND the left side doesn't play
4. You are only selecting/using factory data - STYLE/SOUND/KEYBOARD-SET

Can you confirm please:-
1. You have installed OS 2.2 with factory restore
2. What mode you are in (STYLE PLAY, SOUND ???etc)
3. You are selecting an UPPER 1 sound??
4. Does the dead side of your keyboard exactly match your split point??

Cheers

Pete Very Happy

Yes installed 2.2, and for this test, for now I didn’t load any 3rd party .set. I’m using just factory presets, for the purpose of the test.

Now, look this picture:

https://ibb.co/f4hsA9

Suppose that Fifty Shades default factory style. Of course, I have styles selected. Everything runs perfect, both left and right side of the keyboard. Now if I press, as shown in the picture, “Electric Piano” then that option kills the left side of the keyboard.

3. You are selecting an UPPER 1 sound?? How can I check this
4. Does the dead side of your keyboard exactly match your split point?? How can I check this
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: