Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

YAMAHA DZR PA SPEAKERS...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject: YAMAHA DZR PA SPEAKERS... Reply with quote

Here in the UK we are still waiting for the New Yamaha DZR Speakers to arrive at the dealers which have been delayed... my question is has anyone in another country seen and heard them?... and If so more importantly tried the PA4X through them ??
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As this did not as yet get a reply I too am interested to see hear the difference between these new enclosures and the DXRs which I have. I doubt I will be swapping as I use the DXRs with a RCF sub and don't think these new cabs will be night and day so to speak but I will reserve final judgement of this once I have heard them. The price is increased but lets wait and see
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earlier this week during a conversation with a retailer trying to find out a ETA (end of September apparently ) they did say that the Yamaha Rep had been in and was raving about them (DZR) ...but they would say that Very Happy ...so just in case they are worth the extra money??? I'm holding back on pulling the trigger on a pair of DXR for now.. but considering the cost they would need to be very good... specifications looks good on paper and the DJ forums have lit up discussing them even though nobody has seen them yet....but the funny thing is I do prefer the DXR over the next line up (DSR which the DZR are replacing) which I have access too (DSR) via a friend where I have been playing around with them and the PA4X while waiting to try the new DZR...
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOTE: Just to add here I have been reading online by KEYBOARD Magazines about Line 6 Stagesource L3t and L3m here is part of the review..........QUOTE: ("We’ve been testing a full system and will report on it in a future issue (it’s blowing our minds), but the StageSource speakers can also stand alone. What’s it like to use one of these, or a stereo pair, as your keyboard amp onstage? Like bringing a nuclear submarine to a fistfight.
You may have heard powered stage speakers praised for “sounding like studio monitors” before, but the StageSources sound like really high-end studio monitors. That’s partly because they’re tri-amplified. There are two 10" woofers; one picks up where the tweeter leaves off but the other is strictly for lows from 250Hz on down, and both woofers go “all the way down.” I first encountered this approach in a studio monitor, in fact: the vaunted Adam S3A. Here, the results are comparably accurate and detailed . . . only louder.
In use, I got all the bass I’d expect from an amply powered 15" woofer, only with none of the flabby character that’s so unflattering to keyboards. Pianos from Ivory sounded more natural than I can remember hearing in a live situation. A Minimoog’s famously snappy envelopes were snappier. Sparkly noodly bits popped out from “motion synth” patches on a Korg Krome I’m trying. Even at loud gigs, my ears could register moving one drawbar one notch on a clonewheel organ. I could go on.")............ So I may try these in the company of the DXR and the DZR when I do a 6hrs round trip to demo this lot out with my PA4X in the back of my car....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: