Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

need to change PA3X_OS_LEB.PKG

View previous topic :: View next topic  
battar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject: need to change PA3X_OS_LEB.PKG Reply with quote

Hello
I have korg PA3X 61 I want to upgrade to latest OS version 1.63.
after format the HD and turn on again, the display instruction asking to insert USB with "PA3X_OS_LEB.PKG", witch is not available on korg web-site, I google it never find.
Now I want to change the OS to be able to read the upgrade 1.63 official software, how I can do ( do I need to change the BIOS itself, connect to PC or modify a file ) and it will work fine.

Sorry for my broken English but I wish you get my issue to solve it

Thank you guys for your help
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think i have the pa3x_res.pkg but don't know if it was 1.63
It shouldn't matter though..
I will be back in the next days so i will look at my HDD and inform you if i have it! Wink
Even if you modify ,which i have seen nobody to have managed to do that, the normal pa3x_res (or_os) .pkg it will load but it will not work as the activation will not validate...

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Till i get back i found this link from 4shared.com
https://www.4shared.com/get/_MP-wUl3ba/pa3x_oriental_format.html
It seems to be the os (don't know which version but at least you will get your keyboard working again).
Scan it with an antivirus before unpacking the rar as it is not my upload so i don't know if the file is good or bad (never found a bad file there yet but you never know)...

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
battar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate. Your quick response and I have nothing to say more than thank you a lot.
I visited the download link you provided it turns out that I've been used it before it's for version 1.60 " Four files to go include backup then the last file to make an upgrade to version 1.60".
I don't know why those type of files (PA3X_OS_LEB.PKG) not available on the official website the only chance is to wait for you in case you find it at your HDD if I'm lucky of course Sad.

Sincerely
Thanks a lot.
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you managed to get your keyboard back to working state!
From what i am reading i think there never was 1.63 for pa3x oriental v1 (the one without the microtuning buttons that doesn't even write oriental on the front panel)...
There was a second version of the oriental keyboard which had "Oriental" written on the front and had microtuning buttons (in place of style selection buttons)..This one is asking for pa3x_os_lb2.pkg and if i remember correctly it goes to 1.63...
I doubt they use the same activation but i never had one of them (either simple or v2) to test , so even if you manage to convert the lb2 to be loaded to leb it will not work (either error at boot or you will not be able to touch the touch panel depending on how different they are)..
I ll take a look at what i sent you compared to what i have in my HDD in a few days to see if it is a different pkg but i believe it will be the same as i found not even one reference to 1.63 on leb online...

Also pa3x oriental (v1 and v2) and pa4x MG1 and MG2 (not the pa4x oriental) are not korg official releases..They are custom builds (from korg) for Music Gear Lebanon and they are sold only in these countries.Thats why they are not in official korg webpage!

battar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to manage it with your assistance, I have no clew if this an amazing device supported by Lebanon music gear or what version it is coz I'm just new at music world and pushing myself hard to succeed as a good keyboard player just for myself for pleasure.
My bad I bought it without consulting professional and experienced guys in the field.
Please keep in touch if an upgrade found in future or released by MG so I can upgrade my PA3X.
Honestly, it's an amazing keyboard but some obstacles like that force to run away and sometimes make you fitches for answers Smile.

that is my keyboard exactly
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad i helped.
The keyboard in the image is either pa3x standard (global/the one on korg.com) or in your case pa3x oriental (LEB localization /the music gear one).
There is one more like i described (the LB2).
You can see an image of how it looks like from this link :
http://bepro-music.com/image/catalog/PA3XOR.jpg
(It is not my image, so credits to the original authors).

battar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this type of keyboard is famous over here and most common use because it's possible to change the tone to half or quarter tone.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E68u49NZKhfapAkC8sc8OlrOw3JW2a3G/view?usp=drivesdk[
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CnAxMDMILtwuu4OBOor6d_PGjKK8ps69/view?usp=drivesdk

This is my keyboard I wish it can be displayed on my google drive.
lawrence-gr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: need to change PA3X_OS_LEB.PKG Reply with quote

i have the same problem
can you please explain the steps for saving my pa3x from the sea?
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no easy way to do it, if what already suggested doesn't work..
Where are you from?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: