Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anybody have have 5 user banks they don't need ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
If any third-party EXs(XX) library is looking for factory EXs samples then it should had been designed in KSC level to load
those samples and definitely not using main factory Program banks that might not exist in user's factory setup.

But how many keyboard players and composers are skilled on how a Symphonic Orchestra is arranged , what kind of Strings/Horns/
Brass/Woowinds/percussion section instruments have to use , how to map them and finally how must be played on a keyboard especially
in real time performing in order to simulate a real Symphonic Orchestra ?

Here is the usage of COMBIs that shouldn't be just a suggestion of Pro sound developers and Music conductors of how Programs are
used , but contrary they must be developed in order to reveal a real symphonic orchestra with all articualtion grouped in the same
Combi using the proper controllers , when just playing a few notes in the right order and scale position ,taking always care of Kronos
polyphony limitation , that the majority of end users are not able to create.
This is the pricey cost of an EXs among others ...

As you can tell, my EXs51 experience was disappointing. What is also misleading is that the EXs51 pop ups are misleading/inaccurate. For example, the pop up claimed my install was 'successful'. Not even close.

Anyway, my dance is done.

I understand that combis are needed to show realism with big orchestra ensembles.

can you give me some idea how many programs are used for the big orchestra or large symphony combis ?
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg , I don't like to discuss other's work , it's not my point so it's up to you to make conclusions after downloading demo versions
that unfortunately is impossible for WavesArt libraries for well known reasons.

Now about your question ... 16 patches already are not enough for a sophisticated Symphonic Combination , take as an example the point
of following video https://youtu.be/dNEdMj9r5_c?t=3m4s that important has been played real time in COMBI and not sequencer.
All those that you hear there are played by me without changing COMBI using only controllers like Y/SW1/and 2 Karma scenes switches
so imagine the described there symphonic elements of :

-16 F.Horns
-16 Tubas
-16 Trombones
-8 Bassoon
-8 Saxes
-8 Oboe
-8 Clarinets
-8 Basses
-10 Cellos
-16 Violas
-13 Timpanis
-Glock
-Harp
-Cymbals

All work together with selective group options for any required brass , woodwinds or strings sections , all prepared to serve Musicians scoring !
Do you believe that even Kronos 16 track sequencer could be enough for creating this with articulation in normal terms ?
Can you do that in real time with all best VST together without the use of a DAW sequencer ?
I could not do it before the creation of Cinematic Suite and I own all best industrial VST ... this was the plan and came true !

And I still insist that even a simple real acoustic instrument requires COMBI architecture in order to use simultaneously all articulations & Fx for
real time performing without changing patches/Programs , only this is called premium library IMO !

Hope this helped you to get a picture.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
following video https://youtu.be/dNEdMj9r5_c?t=3m4s that important has been played real time in COMBI and not sequencer.
All those that you hear there are played by me without changing COMBI using only controllers like Y/SW1/and 2 Karma scenes switches

I've heard that before, and it is very nice. Good job!

To Greg, if I came out a bit smug in my previous posts, I apologize. I am very much enjoying the conversation, and in no way did I mean to sound like I was treading on your songwriting process. I have a lot of respect for your knowledge of the Kronos, and as a comrade on this forum!

Btw, I'm really digging your "Rain of Compassion" song.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Conway wrote:
AntonySharmman wrote:
following video https://youtu.be/dNEdMj9r5_c?t=3m4s that important has been played real time in COMBI and not sequencer.

I've heard that before, and it is very nice. Good job!

To Greg, if I came out a bit smug in my previous posts, I apologize. I am very much enjoying the conversation, and in no way did I mean to sound like I was treading on your songwriting process. I have a lot of respect for your knowledge of the Kronos, and as a comrade on this forum!

Btw, I'm really digging your "Rain of Compassion" song.

Hi Mike, I think very highly of you. That has not changed 1 bit.

I know that communication on the Internet can be misconstrued. Plus us creative types are a little touchy.

Rain of Compassion is a song inspired by the Sonoma wild fires last year. I pushed Kronos guitars to get a clean Strat sound.

I might as well be my own advocate Smile My strongest songs per my listeners are Sahara and Nuclear Moon.

Its great you dug into my song portfolio. I welcome any feedback . Lets keep our dialogue wide open and how blasting fun Kronos is
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: