Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

please help edit and save new styles from usb to song book

View previous topic :: View next topic  
irpinia2000

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject: please help edit and save new styles from usb to song book Reply with quote

hi i know that i asked few time about this ,i also consulted the owners manual , but i cant find the answer , please how do i permanently save a style from usb pen to song book?if i load the new style set from the usb to user 1 , picked few styles that i liked and save them to song book ok no problem here but if load an other new set from the usb to user 1 after that the styles that i saved previously on the song book sound totally different, why is that , i also installed a micro card just to have it , thank you so much , PA 1000
ANDRZEJP

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't replace the styles in user01, if you save some title in songbook with this style from user1 it need to stay there- in user01.
Songbook works on styles saved in the locations where they were saved...
irpinia2000

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what are you saying that if I like a style downloaded from the web have to stay in the user section for good other wise it won't stay saved in the song book?? Can it be some how saved in to the so card??.
ANDRZEJP

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need sd card even, you have Usb or Disk (in the korg).
You can load to factory (empty fields) too and to user banks of cours and direct user after activation like here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t1a6NrSbRE

Just load styles you want to your korg ,one by one,
in places where they will be ALL THE TIME and after that make your own songbook.
irpinia2000

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i see , ok there is not any other way i guess , well this will do and i hope that will work thank you again
irpinia2000

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANDRZEJP , so i load the new banks in user 2 and 3 , ok now i picked 4 styles and save them on the song book , then the styles from me picked i load them again to user bank one so that they are in there , but now i load new bank in user 2 and 3 and once again the styles from me saved are changing sound and beat , they sound horrible , why is that ???
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not that good as ANDRZEJP in Songbook, but I will try help you understand by simplify a little.
SongBook is not remember name of Styles, is remember location, means if in Store in Songbook Style from bank User1, position 3, you cannot replace this style with any other, have to stay there.
What ANDRZEJP tried to say, you need to organize your all Style first (load them to banks) before you put them to Songbook.
Songbook giving you possibility for having few version of Style without changing, mean almost anything what can be change in Style in Style mode, instead write changing directly to Style you can write to Songbook.
Example: Let's say you got Style named House1 in User1, pos 4.
Then you do some change like Tempo, Transpose and KBD sets.
Then you can write as new Songbook entry, can there rename as House2 and Songbook will remember current state of Style.
Then,... if you load this from Songbook Korg pickup this Style with changed setting even if on Screen will show House1 (House2 is name only for SongBook entry),... but if you load from User1, pos 4 loaded Style will be in original state (no changing).
You can also use Direct folder to Songbook, but is recommended to keep this folder permanently on HDD keyboard.

Korg Style structure is very expanded.
Style hold a lot of other info, not only recorded elements tracks in Record Mode, but many setting which can be change in Style Mode, most of those can be overwrite by Songbook, which giving you perfect way to performance live same Style in many versions.
Hope you understand better how this works. Wink
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add to what others have written.

Save your Styles to user locations.

Save a song Style that you want to modify and use for a particular song to a new Songbook entry

Modify the Keyboard, sets, Pads, FX etc as you desire and save the changes within Songbook.

Checkout the software Songbook editor for an easier way to manage the Songs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: