Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to save changes on kronos (PLEASE READ)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bazic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject: How to save changes on kronos (PLEASE READ) Reply with quote

I have 2 different sets of KSC, PNGS, etc. If I make any changes in set list, or parameters in program, how can i save it permenatly, so the next time i load in that KSC, PNG etc, those changes will remain. If you don't understand feel free to ask more.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tap on the drop down at top right of the screen and select Write Program, or Combi, or Setlist, then select OK to confirm, as necessary. Ensure that the Memory Protect checkboxes are unchecked in the Global Basic page.
bazic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that, but when i make those changes to combis or programs, and lets say i load in a whole different KSC., the changes that i made wont remain on that file. Understand?
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to go in Disk mode to save your PCG/KSC stuff. If needed, create a new directory on your Kronos disk, then do a Save All there. Note that if you also created custom samples/MSs you will have to use the Save sampling data command as well.
bazic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but Save All realy just makes new version of the file you are using.. So there is no way to overwrite the file you already once saved. Oh well. Btw, what do you mean by sample saving?
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, you can overwrite any file if you want.

I recommend you read this excellent discussion below, where Dan from Korg explains different examples (which are also in the manual). The best way to understand how all those saving things work is to try such examples on your unit, using your own files, etc. It can be confusing at first, but once you figure how it works with actual practice, everything becomes easy.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=93039&start=0&sid=65450c1851bc0da26a560b2532ddefd4
bazic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much, this conversation helped me understand a lot of things. Thanks once again!
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi bazic,

Glad it could help you. I keep this link in my browser's bookmarks because it helped me a lot too before. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: