Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Songbook

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject: Songbook Reply with quote

Korg information regarding Songbook.

Particularly useful for live use, the SongBook is a fully programmable and easily searchable Music Database. Each entry contains all the settings required to play a particular song.

The SongBook can use styles, MIDI files or MP3s and immediately recall settings such as song title, genre, artist, tempo, volumes, sounds, muted tracks, FX settings, easy edit, 4 Keyboard Sets, TC-Helicon® presets, master transpose and more.

The SongBook includes also a renewed Set List function, with a convenient panel-button association for fast recall, to make life easier during live gigs.
I use it together with Setlist's for the songs that I play so that once each song is set up all it takes is a button pressor two to load the song that I want to play.

Its so much easier than having to keep selecting the Style and making changes each time I want to play a particular song in a certain style.

Songbook has cropped up a few times recently in various threads and perhaps it would be usefull to share how we each use this feature.

I may be wrong but it does seem to me that quite a few members either do not use Songbook or they are unsure of how it is intended to function

Last edited by Biggles on Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this tell you 99% of the songbook and how It works , now look at it ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpMfOe0qUXo

Smile
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject: Songbook - Setlist lock style Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
.. a few members either do not use Songbook or they are unsure of how it is intended to function ..

The songbook in Pa-keyboards has been around since 2003 (from Pa1x), so that long-time pa-users know very well how it works. The use - even of the intermediate added features (Previous, Setlist) - is simple and it is easy to understand for beginners, how SB is working.

For someone who always wants to play a song with the same four KbdSets of an entry, an Sb entry with all the required settings is advantageous. With a minor change to the songbook, the songbook would be much more creative and intuitive to use, as simple to play a song automatically each time with the same settings assigned to it.

This change would be a lock-parameter for the background-sounds of the next / previous setlist to use the current style with all kbdSets of a setlist.
Thus, setlist could be used that each style could be played with a series of registrations (all kbd sets of a setlist) without having to create separate sb-entries.

--> http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=115935

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: