Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

When will Korg Pa1000 fix its bugs ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lika
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:07 pm    Post subject: When will Korg Pa1000 fix its bugs ? Reply with quote

Hi.
I like to remind to Korg that it has to do something to fix PA1000's bugs ...
For me , korg has to fix first of all KBD on/off on Songbook , it doesn't works as it expected ...
And then all others bugs ... Those are listed here - http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=114159&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15
Thanks
Make Music !!!
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lika
love this
In global - preferences - media we can uncheck what we don't want to see,,type-name-size-date..

or
under preferences just give us more choices ,, a list of 10

Name
or
Artist
or
Genre
Or
Name - Artist
or
Name-Artist- Genre
you see what I am saying.

songbook -----double tap
the Tile views
the Page indicator to close to the drop down menu..
swipe left or right is what Tile should do and double tap for picking a song..

and on the pa1000

it backward, the mike off and on light and the Hamony off or on ..

when the mike is off the light is on

when the HAMONY is off the light is off …

I think it should work together , when the lights is off (mike or hamony ) its off. on the pa4x it work this way , if the light is off , the mike or hamony or double is off … not flip flops
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: When will Korg Pa1000 fix its bugs ? Reply with quote

Lika wrote:
.. remind to Korg that it has to do something to fix PA1000's bugs ... ..

For a potential customer like me it is not possible to check whether OS bugs are present and whether the bugs described in the forum really do exist. But it is at least strange if there are no corresponding reactions to such contributions.

Far more than OS bugs I am concerned that in the Pa1000 various valuable features of the previous models have been omitted and there also no information i can see in this regard.

According to informations since last OS-update a fill-in can be triggered manually at least with monkey-like handling buttons - although press together two buttons is not user-friendly in time-critical situation.

Still missing is the Fill-Mode (like in previous series) with its parameter that set a Variation to be automatically selected at the end of each of the available Fills (with higher/lower, up, down etc) - hope that would be considered in next OS-update.
I can not understand that the style preferences now are in the Globals, because with predecessors you could set velocity controls per STS and thus control different StylePlay functions within a style. This settings could be saved to a performance (KbdSet) and was not limited globally - hope that also would be considered in next OS-update.
In order to use the Pa1000 a bit more versatile, I wanted an OS update to lock style for the setlist as described in the thread "Pa1000 - Setlist with / without StyleChange".
Now - if I assume, that reminders of doing something to fix bugs will be done as well as the efforts to re-implement omitted features or to realize change requests - I probably will remain only a potential customer for a long time.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
B.Safe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: When will Korg Pa1000 fix its bugs ? Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
...I probably will remain only a potential customer for a long time.

Just out of curiosity, what arranger are you currently playing?
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: When will Korg Pa1000 fix its bugs ? Reply with quote

[quote="B.Safe"]
siebenhirter wrote:
... what arranger are you currently playing ..

Collaboration and mentoring with some OMBs allows me to play and get skills with different instruments without having to buy them privately. So I know about the most essential properties of Yamaha's-PSRs, Technics-KN and Korgs-Pa-Series. I also rate the Pa1000 with this information.

Concerning musical characteristics, OMBs have their personal imaginations and choose one or the other brand, but in terms of functionality and handling, the requirements for a professional arranger keyboard are clearly defined and at least as important as their sound quality. With the required features such an instrument should be able to be organized and adapted to personal needs, according to the user's playful abilities and playing habits.

It is hard to recommend someone to buy a Pa1000 because the functionality of its predecessors seems to be a lot better.

For me a Pa1000 would be a suitable keyboard, because it is - apart from the other technical features - also equipped with an aftertouch, what I consider important for a good arranger keyboard. But I'll probably still be only a potential customer for a long time, because the features that are known from previous models, which are omitted in the Pa1000, probably will not be re-implemented again and because probably no complement of the OS with a LOCK-STYLE is expected.

While without this feature I judge the Pa1000 functionally less well suited as Pa3x / 800/900, such an extension changes a lot, extends the possibilities of playing very strong and would be interesting for me, because some of omitted features will be compensated using midi controller.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
B.Safe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: When will Korg Pa1000 fix its bugs ? Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
...While without this feature I judge the Pa1000 functionally less well suited as Pa3x / 800/900,..

Thank-you, this is a very interesting point of view.
I'm myself an OMB and have played the PA800 for more than 10 years, combined with a FCB1010 foot-controller.

Having the PA1000 since April, I had to change some of the habits I had with the PA800, but in the end it only increased the gameplay of the instrument.

One major problem occured on the initial version of the firmware (the PA crashed sometimes) but this has been solved with the first update and has not occured again.

In fine I have found only huge improvements sofar and have given the PA800 to my daughter.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:48 pm    Post subject: Pa1000: Implement Lock-Style for Setlist Reply with quote

B.Safe wrote:
.. played the PA800 for more than 10 years, combined with a FCB1010 foot-controller ... PA1000 since April .. found only huge improvements so far and have given the PA800 to my daughter ....

I am pleased that you are satisfied with the Pa1000. But your daughter also has an excellent instrument with the Pa800 - and with some hidden features that are not published in manuals.
Without external controllers (FCB1010, Nano-Control) I can not imagine essential improvements though functionality and handling (except "previous" in Songbook and single-touch DirectAccess to Setlist).

Of course, the use of a FCB1010 change the situation fundamentally, because it compensates for missing fill button and for missing velocity parameter to triggering fill-ins, breaks, etc.

Using MIDI data on the special Control channel allows to remotely select Style Elements (Fill-In, Break ...) and also to select KbdSets on this special Control channel.

So it's also no longer compellingly necessary to implement a Lock-Style - only in case using an external MIDI-Controller. So I still think it would be good to implement LOCK style for the setlist in the next OS update - for each user without foot-controller.

! * Wish you to have successful performances with the Pa1000 * !

PS: What about Lika has complained "When will Korg Pa1000 fix its bugs"?

Lika
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.
I am very curious, we are only musicians interested for bugs of the Korg PA1000 ?
These bugs are also in the other korg pa instruments ( pa4,700) , no one sees ... what are you doing, nobody cares about, or no one has these instruments ?
I am very disappointed Sad ...
I listed bugs above , see and please fix them Korg ....
It is not easy to play with an instrument that does not works as expected !!!
Thanks
Make Music !!!
B.Safe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: Pa1000: Implement Lock-Style for Setlist Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
...So I still think it would be good to implement LOCK style for the setlist in the next OS update - for each user without foot-controller...

I fully agree with you.

And furthermore, I cannot imagine an OMB without a suitable foot-controller Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: