Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa4x Plays WAV file
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject: Pa4x Plays WAV file Reply with quote

So in the next upgrade of the pa4x ,we might have Wave play..
the new EK50 can do it ..

What kind of music file can the EK-50 playback?
MP3, WAV, SMF (MIDI) can be played back on it. Please refer to the specifications for details.

https://www.korg.com/us/support/faq/793/
alfredokiwi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa4x Plays WAV file Reply with quote

duby2 wrote:
So in the next upgrade of the pa4x ,we might have Wave play..
the new EK50 can do it ..

What kind of music file can the EK-50 playback?
MP3, WAV, SMF (MIDI) can be played back on it. Please refer to the specifications for details.

https://www.korg.com/us/support/faq/793/

The single core DM3725 processor on Pa4X unfortunately is to slow for today standards the reason why Korg started to cut features on Pa4X. The mp3 recordings are also poor in quality.

Today CPU/DSP units like the eight core AM5728 (dual-core ARM Cortex-A15, dual-core ARM Cortex-M4, dual-core C66x DSP and dual-core SGX544 GPU for HDMI output) introduced in 2014 are 8 times faster as former DM3725 a then years old single core ARM/DSP processor.

www.facebook.com/alfredokiwi

www.alfredoblogspage.blogspot.com.ar

Last edited by alfredokiwi on Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:37 pm; edited 3 times in total
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats settled it for me.

No upgrade for me to the 4X.
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EK-50 - 64 Polyphony, unbalanced outs, no audio recording (sequencer/midi only according to specs) - this is no upgrade to a Pa3x/4x. Probably a great unit in its class but it is in a different class.
Biggles - if you add this piano to your Pa700 you get an upgrade for free
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=113029
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EK50
https://www.korg.com/au/products/synthesizers/ek_50/
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@alfredokiwi Please stop moaning about something you have no clue about..
First of all show us proof that the pa4x has actually the CPU you say it has.
Secondly when you are talking do some basic research first as the cpu released at oct 2010 and pa3xle 3-4 years later which means it is a normal lead time to get it designed, programmed and produced in large scale.
Also (again do some research or read some books before misinforming people) wav playback is way easier for a cpu to handle compared to mp3 (actually the way the samples are getting played back is wav playback ).
To continue on the list of misinformation , you say that the cpu you propose is 8 times faster that the one in pa4x.You don't have proof for any of these and there is no official statement that proves what you said.

You also propose a 2014 cpu (if that is valid too cause i haven't searched) for a keyboard released 1 year after the release of the cpu?Are you serious?
In 1 year it is possible that the programming team hasn't yet got fluent on the new instruction set.
Not to convert everything ,write the new code for the new features/sound engine, design the board, make some test boards and test them , program the os, program new sounds /styles /the rest, desing the case, new code for panelboards, and the list continues...
Of course it would be a cpu of at least 3 years old from the release date of the machine...
It is not a garage door automation or o gadget for showing the rpm of your motorcycle to an lcd using an arduino/pic/avr/stm/whatever which needs 50 lines of code...

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
alfredokiwi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

musiccankill wrote:
Secondly when you are talking do some basic research first as the cpu released at oct 2010 and pa3xle 3-4 years later which means it is a normal lead time to get it designed, programmed and produced in large scale.
Also (again do some research or read some books before misinforming people) wav playback is way easier for a cpu to handle compared to mp3 (actually the way the samples are getting played back is wav playback ).
To continue on the list of misinformation , you say that the cpu you propose is 8 times faster that the one in pa4x.You don't have proof for any of these and there is no official statement that proves what you said.

You also propose a 2014 cpu (if that is valid too cause i haven't searched) for a keyboard released 1 year after the release of the cpu?Are you serious?
In 1 year it is possible that the programming team hasn't yet got fluent on the new instruction set.
Not to convert everything ,write the new code for the new features/sound engine, design the board, make some test boards and test them , program the os, program new sounds /styles /the rest, desing the case, new code for panelboards, and the list continues...
Of course it would be a cpu of at least 3 years old from the release date of the machine...
It is not a garage door automation or o gadget for showing the rpm of your motorcycle to an lcd using an arduino/pic/avr/stm/whatever which needs 50 lines of code...

The only solution is to use external gear to compensate the lack of pa3X features. For example a DAW for quality recordings, mp3 vocal removal & chord scanning via software, wav files playing, etc and so on. Is not a critic my point of view because the CPU board is the same on all models from entry level to flagship model meaning that Pa4X would be similar in features as the PA600/700 but with a true TC-Helicon DSP plus 9 MIDI faders and ribbon controller.

alfredokiwi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas Instruments shows BeagleBoard-X15 AM5728 performance. It has a dual-core ARM Cortex-A15, dual-core ARM Cortex-M4, dual-core C66x DSP and dual-core SGX544 GPU for HDMI output. Published on 21 Sep 2015

Am5728 release is circa 2014. The demo boards about the Beagleboard-X15 running AM5728 were released on sep 2015. The DSP & CPU processing power can reach 8x times the performance on former DM3725. Is not a critic what I say is my way to explain everyone the lack of enough power on DM3725 chip. If DM3725 is powerful enough Korg programming department should provide a software upgrade adding the missing Pa3X features.

Last edited by alfredokiwi on Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:32 am; edited 2 times in total
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO NO NO!!! PLEASE!!! NOT THIS AGAIN!!!!!
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

musiccankill wrote:

A year after the release of both the 700 and the 1000 Korg have yet to update Songbook Editor so it works on these keyboards so the ability of Korg Tech to upgrade software in a reasonable timescale is very wuestionable,
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@karmathanever
Totally AGREE!!! I am stopping it here, i think i made my point.Any user can research if posted info are correct or not.Google is a friend!Also there is no point continuing as no proof provided...

@Biggles
We never said anything about the developers and/or how good or bad they are! hahah
We also don't know what happens behind closed doors!Maybe pa5x is on the way or something...We just saw the EK-50 out of nothing (it is not korg italy though so nothing to do with PA series)

@alfredokiwi
I think nobody cares about the hardware specs and they are not public or announced anywhere.Also as i imagined you have no proof of what you say and as i already said anybody can use google search to check if any info are correct..You said it by yourself anyway that the cpu you propose got out the same year the pa4x...
Also don't get confused, it is not missing/removed features.The pa4x never said it will do something and never did it , or did something and korg removed it.So if it doesn't fit your needs you should have read the specs better before buying it.

To all , the only thing i can say in public is that pa300 cpu/dsp usage at IDLE (not playing anything) is around double % than pa4x is!

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
alfredokiwi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

musiccankill wrote:
@karmathanever
Totally AGREE!!! I am stopping it here, i think i made my point.Any user can research if posted info are correct or not.Google is a friend!Also there is no point continuing as no proof provided...

@Biggles
We never said anything about the developers and/or how good or bad they are! hahah
We also don't know what happens behind closed doors!Maybe pa5x is on the way or something...We just saw the EK-50 out of nothing (it is not korg italy though so nothing to do with PA series)

@alfredokiwi
I think nobody cares about the hardware specs and they are not public or announced anywhere.Also as i imagined you have no proof of what you say and as i already said anybody can use google search to check if any info are correct..You said it by yourself anyway that the cpu you propose got out the same year the pa4x...
Also don't get confused, it is not missing/removed features.The pa4x never said it will do something and never did it , or did something and korg removed it.So if it doesn't fit your needs you should have read the specs better before buying it.

To all , the only thing i can say in public is that pa300 cpu/dsp usage at IDLE (not playing anything) is around double % than pa4x is!

I have a Pa3XLe that cost me only 1500 (summer discount of 1000). Fortunately I pay a low price because the lack of enough power on CPU/DSP don´t justifies spending 3000 more for the same hardware specs.

We need to wait for a new mainboard an upgraded CPU/DSP with enough power like the AM5728 to run all the missing Pa3X features. Very Happy

karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is way off topic now - unfair to duby2 and others

Sorry duby - may end up having to lock this one too!!!!

Very Happy
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To come back on topic!!
I don't know why they haven't added wav playback yet!It is something i would like to see too and it is already implemented for playing back the samples!
Wish it comes with the next update!

karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1

WAV recording/playback is a must for the next (or this?????) model

Just about all other keyboards have it.

P Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: